CPU/Mobo Intel Core 2 Duo Processor showing lower clock speed/multiplier

j1n M@tt

Adept
Mar 12, 2009
Re: Intel Core2 processor showing slower core speed/lower multiplier

I noticed the same with my E5200. Even if I disable EIST, it still shows x6 multiplier in CPUZ at idling. But IMO, this is not affecting OCing. I hav OC'd my E5200 from 2.5GHz to 3.2GHz with ease, and still it was stable...didn't tried above dat, hav to do sometime now.

btw...do all mobos allow disabling of C1E?? I didn't find dat option in my Asus P5KPL-CM mobo

j1n M@tt

Adept
Mar 12, 2009
Re: Intel Core2 processor showing slower core speed/lower multiplier

hoo...I searched the BIOS now and found out where to disable C1E...now CPU-Z is showing stable results :)

MrCool

Disciple
Jun 14, 2011
My laptop HP DV6703tx showing My Proc is underclocked and the multipliers varying like 6,8,10 even at 100% load?, any idea why this happens?. The reason i checked it was CS 1.6 having unplayable fps drops in the midst of gameplay while it used to be ok one year back. I dont see any options enabled in my BIOS to disable or enable anything, I cant do anything to stop this? Also my temp are very high reaching 82C after few mins of gaming(CS 1.6 only), will this have anything to do with the underclocked proccy?

Image shack link for CPUZ and HWmonitor screenshot : http://imageshack.us/f/829/cpuyx.jpg/