CPU/Mobo Intel ATOM fanless setup

>> What are the requirements of your setup?

Not much. Just needs to run XP.

This should do nicely. Thanks.

I need it to replace an embedded application. (We were considering a beagleboard SBC, but atoms are way cheaper [thanks to the magic of mass production] )

Any shops in Lamination where I can physically go buy it? [I will need a bill though.]

^Take a stroll through Lamington Road. Most of the popular shops (Prime AGBGB?) should stock the Atom board.

Arjun's post makes sense. DDR3 RAM has become pretty cheap nowadays. A stick of 2GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM costs ~1k INR ex-Transcend/Kingston.

Folks, anyone seen the Atom 510 dual core being sold in India ? Just cannot seem to find any, everyshop only has the 410 in India.

^^

Ebay had one few months back.

Guess it was the same seller from the above link. perhaps a message.?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

also check the panache guys. Although pricey i might add.

shaunak said:
These are all fanless right?

The CPU does not need a fan as its heatsink is large enough but the power supply you use will most probably have one.
You will need some kind of airflow happening inside the casing for the CPU heatsink to be of any use and the PSU's fan will help in that.

vinayaga said:
Folks, anyone seen the Atom 510 dual core being sold in India ? Just cannot seem to find any, everyshop only has the 410 in India.
Well i am using more then a dozen of 510 by gigabyte, ordered some from deltapage.com i guess it was 3800+200 shipping. u shud check they always have stock of ga510 and its awesome dual core atom system.

I cannot see the 510 in deltapage.com, only the 525 is available. Where else did you get them from ?

net said:
Well i am using more then a dozen of 510 by gigabyte, ordered some from deltapage.com i guess it was 3800+200 shipping. u shud check they always have stock of ga510 and its awesome dual core atom system.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hold on, I did not notice the Gigabyte 510, was looking for the Intel 510. Thanks for the lead.

Back