Insti FIlter

rajatgarewal

Disciple
My institute has installed an annoying filter. Please help me bypass it. I need help for both browsing and torrents.

Please dont just reply with: use a proxy or ssh. Please elaborate a bit as I am a noob. Any help would be apprectaed. Torr and vidalia worked before, now they blocked access to vidalia servers.

Buddy u r screwed. And I mean it. Fortinet filters are among the better ones, even on default configurations.

On a side note: What institute? Maybe I supplied it.

You may have a Fortigate 50B/ 100A unit.

Fortinet Web Filtering Benefits

* Industry-leading ratings database with over two billion rated Web pages offers comprehensive protection against malicious sites and inappropriate content.

* 77 ratings categories enable highly granular per-user and per-group policies and override options to control Internet access without excessive user restrictions that can impact productivity.

* Simple per-device/unlimited-user licensing delivers reduced total cost of ownership.

* Automatic updates of URL database from FortiGuard Web Filtering Service keeps organizations ahead of the latest malicious or inappropriate sites.

* Fully integrated with Fortinet antivirus scanning for protection against unknown malicious websites.

* Simple implementation with true set-and-forget functionality is ideal for protecting remote sites and smaller organizations with limited personnel resources.

* CIPA certification and Internet Watch Foundation membership (UK) to aid compliance with laws protecting children, ideal for schools and libraries.

^^ omg..you supplied it...this is sad...you are an enemy to my whole insti :D:D:D....well then there has to be a solution...because every day new stuff comes on lan...so people are scretly using it...but nobody knows how

"Maybe"

Until I know the name.

The unit actually logs all stuff being used, and reports it back. As soon as it is classified, it gets added to the updated filter, and the next time the box updates, BAM, access blocked again. Setting up a custom SSH/ HTTPS tunnel is the best way to get around. But once this gets listed in the logs, dont expect more than 2-3 weeks of use from it.

Back