Installing Win98 as 2nd OS on my new system?

I have Winxp SP2 installed on a Athlon64 3000+, Asus A8N-VM, 1GB RAM and 300 GB SATA WD HDD system. All my partitions except one is in the NTFS file system. One is in the FAT32 file system. I wish to install win98 on this partition. Is it possible? I need to do some urgent work which can only be done on win98. I will probably remove it after the work has been done.

The only reason people will be installing Win 98 is for backward compatibility with few software. In that case, installing and running a Virtual PC Emulator is a way better option. It is even more stable than installing it on a PC. Besides, latest hardware wont have driver support of win 98, (Eg, SLI Systems).

Yup, my mobo doesn't support win98. I am currently downloading VMware server. Will there there be any problems installing win98 on a SATA hdd?

I have never used it before and I hope that installation will be a breeze.

When i tried to install 98 on my system, it refused to install. Kept crashing just before it reached the installation screen.

Certainly you can

See Virtual Machine as name suggests , its completly virtual , it does not interact directly with your external hardware. It will be using a file as harddisk and store all data inside it. You OS (Windows XP) will take care of all file read/writes.

Back