!@#$ing Tata Indicom Cheating All Its Customers

tejo

Disciple
All you tata indicom customers who have your ports blocked cause you have a lan based connection can get them unblocked!!!

I have registered more than 200 complaints for my 2mbps night unlimited connection to get my ports unblocked but all in vain.

Yesterday a friend in my building took a tata indicom postpaid connection and all his ports seemed to be unblocked, so I went over to his place to check it out.

This is what I found out..

Like all people on the lan based connection he was assigned an IP by the tata people and he uses a web page to log on to his internet..

But the IP's assigned to him were different from the one's i had in my pc for my prepaid connection..

I had been given 10.*.*.* ip range and he had been given 59.*.*.* ip range and we both are in the same network...

I noted down his ip subnet and gateway and tried it at my place, logged using the same web page method and voila all my ports were unblocked and I could finally play games online without having trouble connecting to anyone..

The tata customer service along with its local engineers told me for over a year that our ports are blocked because of the lan based connection method but the truth was they didnt want us to enjoy our connection so they had blocked it on purpose.

I called the local tata engineer today and told him that my ports finally seem to be unblocked when i tried the ip range which he was hiding from me and asked him why the ports are blocked for all prepaid customers when they could easily be unblocked, he cut the phone. I called up again and asked he replied that the company said to keep it blocked and cut the phone again and switched it off.

I asked another friend of mine at Andheri who has a tata connection there to ask some of the local customers there if anyone has a postpaid connection and to use their settings, just his luck his neighbor was on a unlimited connection he noted down the 59.* range there and tried it at his place, after he logged in using that range his ports were also unblocked!!!

So the question is why is tata screwing with its prepaid customers and why are we letting them do so...

All you people out there can just get the ip range given to postpaid customers and get your ports unblocked and use public torrents again finally..
But we shouldn't have to do this, its not fair to us, so what can we do to stop them?
Using the 10.* ip range given to me as a prepaid customer...
ads%20-%20Copy%20%282%29.jpg

Using the 59.* ip range given to my friend yesterday for his postpaid connection
ads%20-%20Copy.jpg

Just because of this thing I had to get rapidshare premium accounts since i could not upload on private sites and couldn't download from public ones..

TATA is shit if you ask me.

the only thing I found to unblock my ports was to ask them to assign the static ip I got in postpaid connection to my pc rather then the modem.

Those asses, im a Postpaid customer and these jackass assigned me 10.* range from the earlier 59.* because i was downloading 65gb in a month :D

I called up a local engg, who was quite clueless about port forwarding :S He kept insisting that I'll have to purchase a static ip to solve my problem.

How do I explain the problem to him? Its not just 59.x or 10.x, sharekhan and thexfactor in mulund have a 10.x ip, but all ports are open.

Me to have 10.x on my postpaid tata connection.

My ports are blocked too; But I am able to dowload and upload from utorrent @30kbps on 256kbps connection. I already done a lot follow up with them but no use, will start bugging them again.

And not to mention their 11hours logout issue is against DoT's broadband defination as "always on connection"

ultra vires said:
Those asses, im a Postpaid customer and these jackass assigned me 10.* range from the earlier 59.* because i was downloading 65gb in a month :D

You know that you can change it back to what it was right?

47Shailesh said:
Me to have 10.x on my postpaid tata connection.

My ports are blocked too; But I am able to dowload and upload from utorrent @30kbps on 256kbps connection. I already done a lot follow up with them but no use, will start bugging them again.

And not to mention their 11hours logout issue is against DoT's broadband defination as "always on connection"

This is mentioned on tata's website,

1 free Static IP with every postpaid connection

Additional Static IP charges – Rs.2000 p.a

Just call your local engineer and tell him you want the static ip you are suppose to get free with your connection, dont tell him anything about ports and all...

He should just enter the 59.* range in your computer then...

47Shailesh said:
^ I have Static IP just my ports are not opened though my torrrents are working fine

When you are using the static ip the ip you enter in your lan card is the ip which you get on the internet(in tata's system atleast), like right now the ip in my lan card is 59.165.*.* , I have the exact same ip address on the internet..

^yeah same with me
the 10.x that I mentioned is my DNS which I mentioned as I thought you guys were disussing primary/secondary DNS.
my Ip is in 203.163.X.X range

Back