Other Importing devices? Any taxes/customs that I should be aware of?

KAKAN

Disciple
Mar 22, 2023
I've been on the lookout for small-ish eReaders, and while Boox Palma is a great fit, it is unfortunately too expensive as a starter to this space.
So, I've decided on two fun devices:

1. Xiaomi InkPalm Mini

It has no camera or SIM, it is pretty much just an eReader that also happens to run Android.

2. Famue Mini

Just a DAP player with an eInk screen. Might not buy this, but looks cute.

My question is, has anybody bought anything similar before? What are the chances that we have to pay customs? Isn't India's custom duties cost basically mean we have to pay 100% the price of the device, effectively doubling its rate? That would be a deal-breaker.

Are there any stores here that sell eInk devices aside from Kobo and Kindle?

Also, on this topic. What are some available options if I want a small phone, preferably under a screen size of 5.5" or under 6" in the worst case? I'd like to avoid Sony Xperias since they're tall, but I love their devices anyway :p

It's cheaper on AliExpress:

I'm thinking of using a package forwarding service. Are there any that ship from Singapore to India? Since, while searching the forum, it seem that packages from Singapore has a good chance of not having custom duties applied on them.

Are there ways businesses could get it shipped without customs? If so, I could try asking some known brand around. I was thinking of buying server racks too, so that would be helpful if I could go through a business instead haha

Last edited:

AwAcS

Recruit
Dec 4, 2023
There are a lot of threads here that answers most of your questions. Kindly go through those. Linking few of those:
https://techenclave.com/threads/getting-products-from-china-using-shop-and-ship.219777/

• Love
Reactions: KAKAN

KAKAN

Disciple
Mar 22, 2023
There are a lot of threads here that answers most of your questions. Kindly go through those. Linking few of those:
https://techenclave.com/threads/getting-products-from-china-using-shop-and-ship.219777/

Thank you! I was aware of the US Thread, but a lot of information seemed outdated and customs reviews were all over the place. It's how I got the Singapore bit in my thread.

Wasn't aware of the China one, it has tons of information. Thank you!

Reactions: AwAcS