Importing bookmarks from another OS on another drive ?

metalheart

Disciple
Mar 26, 2008
Mumbai
Does anyone know how to import bookmarks from a copy of firefox running on another operating system that is now inaccessible ?? I still have the Operating system files and the program files on another hard disk on the same PC but I'm clueless about importing bookmarks and favourites onto the new operating sytem's firefox.

I was using Windows XP SP3 on both of them.

Firefox is/was installed on both of them but I can't access the bookmarks through the firefox installed on the older OS.

Can anyone help ?? :huh:

metalheart

Disciple
Mar 26, 2008
Mumbai
Bhargav said:
Install an addon called Foxmarks and that will help you sync the bookmarks on both the os in firefox.
I already started using FoxMarks but it was after my operating system got screwed.

My question is how exactly will I import my old bookmarks from an already-dead operating system ? I don't have ANY access to my old bookmarks as of now.

Is there any particular file where Firefox saves the bookmarks ??

metalheart

Disciple
Mar 26, 2008
Mumbai
Also , WHERE exactly does firefox save the bookmarks.
I have never exported the bookmarks on the previous OS so I don't really know if they're saved on a file or not.

Also, is there a way of getting back all my saved passwords and everything ??

I want to use all the features of my already-customized browser. Will it work if I copy ALL the program files onto this OS ??

metalheart

Disciple
Mar 26, 2008
Mumbai
techie_007 said:
Documents and Settings\YourUsername\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.XXX

YES :clap:
Thanks man. Didn't strike me that the solution was as simple as that. Instead of looking in Application data I was searching the installation folder of firefox.

I found the *.JSON file and used it to restore my previous bookmars :hap2:

Thanks a ton. Saved a lot of time and effort. :eek:hyeah:

metalheart

Disciple
Mar 26, 2008
Mumbai
By the way,I forgot to ask this but do you know the location of saved passwords and form history as well ?? It'll be great to have all that saved form history back in action.

metalheart

Disciple
Mar 26, 2008
Mumbai
Oh yes, I found it but how do you use it to import the previously saved data ? Also , is this the file where the passwords are saved ??