iMac 21 Inch, is it the right time to buy it.

Hi There,

I was intending to buy a iMac 21 inch, the base model.

My question is, is it the right time to buy this iMac, as in are there any imminent upgrades coming up for which I should wait.
Or should I go ahead and get it now.

I did look up Mac rumours website, it shows up as Neutral - Mid-product cycle. But doing a bit of research I got to know that the next iMac would come out end of this year or early next year.

i would say yes it is the right time to buy but also consider the fast version of the mac mini.imacs just came out in april i think and thats latest enough.

^^ On seconds what do you plan to do with the Mac. I think you can get a better performing PC at a much cheaper rate.

Thanks guys :)

ALPHA17 said:
^^ On seconds what do you plan to do with the Mac. I think you can get a better performing PC at a much cheaper rate.

I know :)

I've been getting to use the iMac at office so kinda used to it as well as really liking it, plus I've been a windows user for around 11 years now. My current desktop itself is 5 years old and is asking for a change.

I already have a Dell laptop just in case.

techno_funky said:
Thanks guys :)

I know :)

I've been getting to use the iMac at office so kinda used to it as well as really liking it, plus I've been a windows user for around 11 years now. My current desktop itself is 5 years old and is asking for a change.

I already have a Dell laptop just in case.
Do give Ubuntu a try. You can get a new OS for a change without sacrificing on performance.

I suggest you get the Mac mini instead of iMac as the latter is more powerful & also got a recent update to 2nd gen Core i series

Also get a Bigger screen (LCD TV's or Monitors)& Apple Keyboard + mouse for a complete Mac experience.

^ even i can understand that mac mini would be great but i can also understand the op preference for the iMac.the screen is freaking gorgeous and even if you invest for a screen of similar quality it will still take the added hit of 30 k,plus the keyboard and the mouse for 6 k.

@ op mate i don't think there is any need to wait for the iMac update as the current iMac with the i5 can do most of the tasks and will also give you longeivity for at least 4 years.

I am going to buy an iMac soon for someone. Can someone please tell me the price of an iMac 21.5 inch. I wonder why the prices are not given in the reliance istore.

Price is 65K and 74k for 2 models. One will have faster processor (i5 2.7 GHz vs i5 2.5 GHz) higher version graphics card(6770 vs 6750), larger hard disk(1 TB vs 500 GB).

baccilus said:
Do they have anything around 40K?

You can get a Mac Mini for that price, but it's like a laptop without battery and input/output devices. To make matters worse, you could actually buy a faster laptop for the same price. One can't rationally justify purchasing a Mac Mini but if you must buy an Apple computer, it's the cheapest way in.

Mac Mini is Kinda like a HTPC sans the DVD Drive.. Its just that.. Nothing more..

I recommend you to go for the iMac 21" if you can... Its the best

Sub said:
You can get a Mac Mini for that price, but it's like a laptop without battery and input/output devices. To make matters worse, you could actually buy a faster laptop for the same price. One can't rationally justify purchasing a Mac Mini but if you must buy an Apple computer, it's the cheapest way in.

It's not for me buddy, some old mac fan I know. I would never buy a mac. I use Ubuntu 90% of the times.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sub said:

It's not for me buddy, some old mac fan I know. I would never buy a mac. I use Ubuntu 90% of the times.

vantheman5211 said:
^ even i can understand that mac mini would be great but i can also understand the op preference for the iMac.the screen is freaking gorgeous and even if you invest for a screen of similar quality it will still take the added hit of 30 k,plus the keyboard and the mouse for 6 k.

@ op mate i don't think there is any need to wait for the iMac update as the current iMac with the i5 can do most of the tasks and will also give you longeivity for at least 4 years.

This! :)

Just to let you guys know, have finalized it and will be getting the imac end of this month or atleast 1st week of september :)

techno_funky said:
This! :)

Just to let you guys know, have finalized it and will be getting the imac end of this month or atleast 1st week of september :)

awesome mate.here's waiting for a showoff thread

Saw the iMac systems on display few days back at a Vijay Sales outlet and the display looked gorgeous. Congrats on your new system!

The only question is in my mind is.can it be upgraded from normal available parts or u have to contact apple store for every single parts........

Back