I'm not able to use Wi-Fi on my PSP

nj_gamer

Adept
Jul 9, 2006
I have an airtel connection, with a wireless router/modem... there are 6 ppl in the flat, and we connect to it with our laptops, but some how the psp does not connect to it.

The PSP detects the wireless connection, i selected it, entered the WPS-PSK key, settings to automatic... yet it does not work. what could be the problem?

Regards

paraman

Adept
Oct 11, 2005
Manually set the IP address, DNS derver address etc and then save the settings. It should work. Automatic settings didnt work for me too. You have to manually enter all the settings.

nj_gamer

Adept
Jul 9, 2006
But airtel connection, i set everything to automatic... atleast the address and dns part... In BSNL we set it manually, but airtel i donno what ip to set? will 192.168.1.36 do?

Scarecrow

Disciple
Dec 11, 2008
after you setup the wireless connection on PSP at last it displays Network Settings scroll down and see whether Internet Connection is Succeeded or Failed.

If Succeeded and if ur using PSP default browser its no use cos it does not support large size pages and always displays not enough memory space.

If Failed call up airtel customer and ask for ip and dns address and try.

Automatic settings worked for me.

paraman

Adept
Oct 11, 2005
paraman said:
Manually set the IP address, DNS derver address etc and then save the settings. It should work. Automatic settings didnt work for me too. You have to manually enter all the settings.

I meant that you should set the settings manually in your PSP, not your router.