I'm 80kg... help me to loss weight!

My suggestion would be eat a lot.. but the right food..

Vegetables like cucumber when taken raw, helps in fat loss. Actually the calories gained is far less than the calories burnt in digesting such vegetables.... it is safe as well :)

as said above , walks wont suffice ,you need a proper diet and exercise which increases your heart rate at which point the fat starts to burn and you sweat ,but yes in order to reach that stage to exercise , you need to build up stamina , so walking will help , but you have to increase and push your body to burn the fat .....
give your daily diet and lets see where its going wrong

kippu said:
as said above , walks wont suffice ,you need a proper diet and exercise which increases your heart rate at which point the fat starts to burn and you sweat ,but yes in order to reach that stage to exercise , you need to build up stamina , so walking will help , but you have to increase and push your body to burn the fat .....

give your daily diet and lets see where its going wrong

Following is my Daily Routine with food intake

I wake up at 6.30 am, leave for walk, return home by 8.00 am, 10-15 minutes yoga & little stretch up exercise at home.

8.30 am: Tea with Marrie Low Fat Biscuit (4 pcs)

11.30 am: Poha or Upma (mix with dried but boiled peanuts & moong ki daal- soaked in water for 2-3 hrs, bring out of water & mix in Poha or Upma)

2.30 pm: 3 wheat chapati, Rice (quantity= 3 tea-cup), Onion, Tomato, Curd, Roast Papad, Vegetable & Daal

5.00 pm: tea (nothing else)

8.00 pm: 1 banana

10.30 pm: 3-4 wheat chapati or Parotha, Roast Papad, Vegitable, Daal

OR

10.30 pm: Potato, onion or palak bhajiya (all deep fried in oil), idli sambar, dosa, uttapam, dhokla etc.

11.30 pm: Half glass milk with salt & haldi

12.30 am: Going to bed.

Emperor said:
Following is my Daily Routine with food intake

I wake up at 6.30 am, leave for walk, return home by 8.00 am, 10-15 minutes yoga & little stretch up exercise at home.

8.30 am: Tea with Marrie Low Fat Biscuit (4 pcs)

11.30 am: Poha or Upma (mix with dried but boiled peanuts & moong ki daal- soaked in water for 2-3 hrs, bring out of water & mix in Poha or Upma)

2.30 pm: 3 wheat chapati, Rice (quantity= 3 tea-cup), Onion, Tomato, Curd, Roast Papad, Vegetable & Daal

5.00 pm: tea (nothing else)

8.00 pm: 1 banana

10.30 pm: 3-4 wheat chapati or Parotha, Roast Papad, Vegitable, Daal

OR

10.30 pm: Potato, onion or palak bhajiya (all deep fried in oil), idli sambar, dosa, uttapam, dhokla etc.

12.30 am: Going to bed.

^^stop eating rice,potato ,poha , palak bhajiya (all deep fried in oil), idli sambar, dosa, uttapam and reduce chapati intake and also avoid banana

eh improve ur diet man ... im 5'8" and im 120kg ... imagine how lazy and sick i feel ... and i havent started doing anything to fix it <.>

Stop eating parontha in night ! If you really want to eat parontha take 1 in morning breakfast. Also avoid banana at 8pm, take it somewhere in afternoon or early evening. How can you eat such heavy dinner at 10:30pm :S :S

Emperor said:
Hello Friends,

I'm 5.5 & 80kg, nearly last 3 months every day I walk for 60 minutes but no reduction in weight :( please help me what to do... either join any famous weight loss training center (big hole in pocket) or local gym or any other method... please ... please help.

Thanks in advance

See, first question to ask to lose weight or not ? WHY

Would like to add some words of wisdom from famous chinese doctor :eek:hyeah:

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it...don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way.. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND......

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat
and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like..
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

Avoid sugar and carbs as they convert and get stored as fat. No to rice and eat those chota wala bananas (i donno what do they call them) not the usual bigger one.Banana improves stamina.

Reduce your calorie intake and reduce the portion slowly.. Gradually you'll get accustomed to eating less. But surely, exercise is a must. Walking or anything for that matter must be done in a manner that there's high heart beat rate(/sweating in the process). Reduce rice,potato(/carbs as you want to reduce your weight..). Avoid fried items, dont eat parota as they're made of maida which's totally fattening no use to your body. Late night eats must be avoided, move your 10pm dinner to 8pm slot :p

blr_p said:
See, first question to ask to lose weight or not ? WHY

Would like to add some words of wisdom from famous chinese doctor :eek:hyeah:

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it...don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way.. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND......

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like..
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
he he... nice jokes.

On serious note, it's all about body metabolism. Some people can eat like pigs and still be stick thin, some will eat just oats and boiled veggies and be still gain wait (if they don't exercise).

And I have realized body metabolism is affected a lot by your lifestyle. If you lead an active lifestyle, chances of you getting round are very slim even if you eat three eggs with aaloo paranthas in breakfast. Sit on chair whole day munching on burgers and within two months you will have a belly.

Me too trying to get back into the shape... though it's just matter of some 6-7 kgs and fat at right places. And in last one month I have lost around 5kg wait just by jogging/walking for half an hour on treadmill at least four times a week and eating (slightly) better.

Squatting and Deadlifting increase BMR! :cool2:;)

hatter said:
On serious note, it's all about body metabolism. Some people can eat like pigs and still be stick thin, some will eat just oats and boiled veggies and be still gain wait (if they don't exercise).

And I have realized body metabolism is affected a lot by your lifestyle. If you lead an active lifestyle, chances of you getting round are very slim even if you eat three eggs with aaloo paranthas in breakfast. Sit on chair whole day munching on burgers and within two months you will have a belly.

Me too trying to get back into the shape... though it's just matter of some 6-7 kgs and fat at right places. And in last one month I have lost around 5kg wait just by jogging/walking for half an hour on treadmill at least four times a week and eating (slightly) better.

cut out the peanuts also...they are full of fat

your plan for the next 2 months should be to build stamina so that you can do some real exercises

if you feel hungry, eat a cucumber...lowest calories possible

If your joints hurt while jogging then it is probably because of the jerk and momentum due to your weight. In that case you can start by cycling vigorously (increase gradually of course), as that has smooth range of motion and no jerks.

if you feel hungry, eat a cucumber...lowest calories possible
Or you can eat fennel seeds :p

I read that boiled/roasted potato with piper powder is good diet food, is it true?

Is it good if I increase intake of tomato, cucumber & little onion?

I like to eat chapatis with curd or chaas (dilute curd with water mixing little salt & zeera & pudina leafs)

Home made Parothas made from Wheat with little oil/ghee over it (no butter at all)

Yes, I agree with you all, should change my dinner time 2-3 hrs early than existing.

Waiting for more suggestions, please pour in.

Thanks friends.

nukeu666 said:
cut out the peanuts also...they are full of fat

Peanuts are perfectly ok as they have "good fat". In fact all nuts are great if taken in moderation. Mostly monounsaturated and polyunsaturated and no sugar or trans-fat. salted peanuts or roasted peanuts may not be too good.

As I see it, chapatis are fine. Don't eat paranthas till you have your weight in control and after that restrict them to once a week. Same applied to potatoes. Cut down on potatoes as much as possible. They are fine as long as you are eating them in a bowl of mix-veg, but more than that, try and avoid.

Eat tomatoes but I have heard too many tomatoes should be avoided. Onion is good and cucumber is great. Go for curd made from skimmed milk.

OP sorry for hijacking ur thread.Even i am facing a problem in loosing weight.Posted same in fitness thread did not get a reply so posting the same here.Folks please help me in this regards

I have tried many times to loose my weight and failed :(.Damn i am obese now .Need to shred weight very badly.Need a good diet plan( i am eating junk everyday) and workout plan .Will be starting in 2 weeks ie once i go to NZ( Not possible in India as i am here for holidays and i am traveling a lot) .Here are my stats

Weight:110Kgs :ashamed:

Height:6.2"

I need to shred 25kgs to reach ideal weight .How long will it take for me to shred ??

Some one suggest me a plan.This time i am going to follow it strictly.

Back