IIT VS IIM

Hey Guys from where should a person prefer to study from IIT or IIM
The Legacy of IITs is getting Low as More and More are starting to Emerge in India
Is IIT really Overrated or simply people have skill issues?

For engineering, IIT. For MBA, IIM. Not much to think about it. IITs offer MBAs but are generally ranked lower than IIMs, say if you compare old IITs with old IIMs.

You have not mentioned the degree you want to pursue. It depends on what career you’re seeking. I won’t say they are overrated and you would be fine if you get into any of the older IITs. Even the new IIT such as Hyderabad and Gandhinagar are catching up with older ones (they are both more than decade old at this point). Overall I would say you would get more exposure and opportunities in these institutes (both IIT and IIM).

I can do basic M.Tech B.Tech or BE
I dont really care abt the degrees you know as an usual indian i just wanna make my parents happy by getting the IITIAN Tag :happy:

I can do basic M.Tech B.Tech or BE
I dont really care abt the degrees you know as an usual indian i just wanna make my parents happy by getting the IITIAN Tag :happy:
IIT + IIM is the killer combo as suggested earlier. People not in the CS field eventually end up doing MBA to further their career (mainly to earn more). I don't see how this trend will change anytime soon.

The 3 idiots guy who was made fun of who did engineering, then MBA then worked in a bank is the real end game for many, if you want to earn good money.

Guys need your suggestion. My son is currently doing his class X. Since he has been here ever since, I am looking to move him to India for further studies. I have heard of Integrated schools which offer 11+12 along with JEE preparation. I am keeping option open for doing masters abroad.
Pune or Banglore seems good option for engineering studies i guess ? Pune and Bangalore folks please help !
Thanks a lot

Since he has been here ever since, I am looking to move him to India for further studies.
Do you reside abroad? If yes let the boy take advantage of the research-based curriculum of foreign schools and aim for pristine colleges there, 11th + 12th coaching for JEE in India (Allen, Aakash, Bjyu, Vedantu etc) are all only good for kids who dedicate every single day to their studies and forget the outside world for 2 years. It's stressful studies and generally less concept based and more formula based + shortcuts. Also ask him any idea he has for a stream, most kids at his age don't have it figured it out which is fine but some have a fixed goal from before so you can figure it out with him. See what his interests are and then gauge the stream of engineering which would suit him best. Also, it'll take time for him to get comfortable to India if you really do reside abroad, and time can't be wasted if you're preparing for JEE or even NEET.

Do you reside abroad? If yes let the boy take advantage of the research-based curriculum of foreign schools and aim for pristine colleges there, 11th + 12th coaching for JEE in India (Allen, Aakash, Bjyu, Vedantu etc) are all only good for kids who dedicate every single day to their studies and forget the outside world for 2 years. It's stressful studies and generally less concept based and more formula based + shortcuts. Also ask him any idea he has for a stream, most kids at his age don't have it figured it out which is fine but some have a fixed goal from before so you can figure it out with him. See what his interests are and then gauge the stream of engineering which would suit him best. Also, it'll take time for him to get comfortable to India if you really do reside abroad, and time can't be wasted if you're preparing for JEE or even NEET.

Thanks a ton for that info buddy. Really need some advice. Gulf is still not a preferred choice for college, high fees, absence of good tutors, infamous universities among some reasons. I guess that leaves me option to continue 11th+12th in science stream here and prepare for JEE via online classes ( dont know if online is great option). Offline once's dont know if can rely. So i guess have to choose among the once you mentioned. You are right most of them have no idea what to pursue. I want him to start getting exposure of the real world in India. Gulf life is slow and lazy, few years here and you forget that
enthusiasm and start living in a relaxed way.
Thanks !

Thanks a ton for that info buddy. Really need some advice. Gulf is still not a preferred choice for college, high fees, absence of good tutors, infamous universities among some reasons. I guess that leaves me option to continue 11th+12th in science stream here and prepare for JEE via online classes ( dont know if online is great option). Offline once's dont know if can rely. So i guess have to choose among the once you mentioned. You are right most of them have no idea what to pursue. I want him to start getting exposure of the real world in India. Gulf life is slow and lazy, few years here and you forget that
enthusiasm and start living in a relaxed way.
Thanks !
You're free to make your own choice but I would advice against online classes, especially for JEE preparation. The student needs to be comfortable with the 3 teachers he's going to have for the next 1 or 2 years. Asking doubts is also an important thing during this time and the concept clarity is of utmost importance. I'd suggest offline anyday over online. It's also easier to slack in an online class and not take it seriously but even one-two months missed in JEE prep can cost a lot, it's really hard to get in IIT.

Back