ICS comming to SGS-2 on 15th march 2012

Just posting to keep this thread alive, so that..... i can hear good news for ics release in india...

Any news on ics india gt-i9100 guys.............

nope... not yet :-(

waiting and waiting... why are updates coming out so slowly only for india??? most of the other countries hv already gt ICS AFAIK...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Official ICS got released for global unlocked S2 devices in the US. Why in the US, beats me. But no sign of official Indian S2 upgrade.

On a related note, since I might not be able to see the official Indian ICS upgrade in this lifetime, can someone suggest which ICS based ROM to flash, and why?

Tried a few ROMS one was CM9 march build. Everything looks feels excellent but the battery drain was a deal breaker. Reverted to the first IcS xxlph build I could google.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Official ICS got released for global unlocked S2 devices in the US. Why in the US, beats me. But no sign of official Indian S2 upgrade.

On a related note, since I might not be able to see the official Indian ICS upgrade in this lifetime, can someone suggest which ICS based ROM to flash, and why?

What about korian version official ics..AKA official indian version previously on this thread ..

It works , and is very smooth too..Better than indian gingerbread...connects to kies too, but the only problem is that it does not allow to update...So, u can downgrade to offical indian version if u want to update via kies..

Use Odin and flash any of the intratech ICS roms... I suspect Samsung is not going to release ICS officially in India till S3 is launched which would make it (possibly) their bestest phone with the best hardware and latest software available in the country.. My conspiracy theory
devil.gif

Been using the latest WanamLite (KP9) for a week now, doesn't have the greatest battery life of all. On the stock GB i used to get about 20 hours (with 6-8 hours of heavy usage) and this Wanamlite one lasts for about 8 hours with some heavy usage.

What is the best ICS (close to Stock unlike CM9 and AOKP based ROMS) considering the battery life ?

Just copied and pasted from somewhere for people who want to upgrade immediately.

---------------------------------------------

You can try:

How to change CSC on samsung Galaxy s2 (GT-19100) (India)

1) Just type *#272*Device IMEI number# at phone dial pad. (to get imei numbr, type *#[member='066709']# on your mobile)

2) Select CSC where ics is avilable ( I selected NPL)

3) Click Install

4) Phone will be rebooted by itself. (The phone will be formatted by it, so dont forget to backup your data)

5) Once the phone has restarted, just connect it to pc via kies, and it should show you or ask you to update.

6) Thats all, when you update to ics, again change the csc code to INU thats India.

(Not sure if it works on gs2 GT-19100G, but sure it works on GT-19100. .)

To get the best battery life from S 2 using ICS, flash your phone with HydraH20 rom (v1.1.2), and then flash the latest Siyah kernel (v3.2.3).
Reboot to recovery and goto Kernel features and set profile to battery saving.
Reboot phone and set the min CPU value to 25MHz and the governor to OnDemand.
Then install ExTweaks and adjust the GPU frequency to 66,200,400 (vcore to 800,950,1100 respectively).

Back