Iconic Torrent Site RARBG Shuts Down, All Content Releases Stop

RARBG, one of the world's largest torrent sites, has said "farewell" to millions of users. The site, which was a prominent and stable source of new movie and TV show releases, cited a variety of reasons behind its decision to cease operations. The surprise shutdown marks the end of an era.

Something new will always replace this. Piracy will never die.

is talking about piracy allowed in specific threads? btw would recommend y'all to just shift over to Usenet, rarbg mirrored a lot of stuff from Private trackers and 1337x just doesn't compare, specially Ntb's WEB-DL releases. if maintaining ratio etc seems like a hassle then usenet is the way to go.

Those trackers are not same for every torrent site hence the difference between speeds on same release torrent from different torrent sites. Rarbg own trackers were quite popular & obviously another torrent site wouldn't include rarbg trackers for torrents on their site even if it is same release.
DHT has made this a non-issue, you'll catch most of the seeders anyways on public torrents

I'll check this site. 10 days meaning I've to upload for 240 hrs? Well that's at least something better than the current 336 hrs criteria of IPT, which i don't use particularly for this reason. Other than the fact no significant volume is ever uploaded even when the torrent is new, thanks to kwality Indian isps.
get a seedbox or pay for a static IP, airtel has got some great value on this, they add on a 200/month charge for static IP iirc. Also you gotta grab the big torrents in order to build ratio if you wanna get any upload on trackers, that's what I used to do before I bit the bullet and just got a seedbox. it isn't that expensive (around 900/month) and you can definitely go for as cheap as 500RS/month and just not worry about ratio most of the times

is talking about piracy allowed in specific threads? btw would recommend y'all to just shift over to Usenet, rarbg mirrored a lot of stuff from Private trackers and 1337x just doesn't compare, specially Ntb's WEB-DL releases. if maintaining ratio etc seems like a hassle then usenet is the way to go.

DHT has made this a non-issue, you'll catch most of the seeders anyways on public torrents

get a seedbox or pay for a static IP, airtel has got some great value on this, they add on a 200/month charge for static IP iirc. Also you gotta grab the big torrents in order to build ratio if you wanna get any upload on trackers, that's what I used to do before I bit the bullet and just got a seedbox. it isn't that expensive (around 900/month) and you can definitely go for as cheap as 500RS/month and just not worry about ratio most of the times
All great suggestions.
Unfortunately folks aren't up for paying and don't want to spend time and effort setting up something like Usenet as it is too "complex". I got called out earlier when I mentioned it. I suppose most are used to downloading from public trackers like RARBG.

All great suggestions.
Unfortunately folks aren't up for paying and don't want to spend time and effort setting up something like Usenet as it is too "complex". I got called out earlier when I mentioned it. I suppose most are used to downloading from public trackers like RARBG.
yea, I kinda get it about Usenet, it's a lot of upfront cost which is scary for most if us (including me), eweka cost me like 47 dollars, plus another 25$ on ninja/slug subscriptions, which if you convert to indian currency is a lot but then it's for a whole year so definitely doable and I also split these with my friends bringing the cost down even further. but the seedbox thing is definitely possible, it'll even be cheaper than Netflix if you go for the 1tb shared slot plans (and honestly, you don't need more unless you want to grind for better trackers)

I'll definitely be trying the suggestion in this thread and see what is within my reach.

What is the best thing which does not involve any amount of money? I'm open to trying complex things and learning.

DHT has a lot of issues working correctly on many small/local ISPs as well as with many VPNs. Also, utorrent clients use/prefer their own implementation of DHT over other clients.

DHT has a lot of issues working correctly on many small/local ISPs as well as with many VPNs. Also, utorrent clients use/prefer their own implementation of DHT over other clients.
I think your issue is uTorrent, I have been using qBit/rTorrent for a while now, I have never faced any peering issues

I'll definitely be trying the suggestion in this thread and see what is within my reach.

What is the best thing which does not involve any amount of money? I'm open to trying complex things and learning.

Best would be to join an entry level Private Tracker to get your feet wet before starting on better ones. You can seed from your PC/Laptop, its just that your peering won't be the best. I can help out in DMs if you need it, I am not sure If I'm allowed to post a full guide to Private Trackers/Usenet here

I think your issue is uTorrent, I have been using qBit/rTorrent for a while now, I have never faced any peering issues
Which ISP you use? I use a small local generic ISP on which many udp trackers won't work & DHT prefers connecting to utorrent peers &/or those within India mostly. Using vpn many times disconnection & reconnection(within a few seconds) result in DHT nodes dropping to zero which takes hours to recover unless close & relaunch the torrent client(issue is same across utorrent & tixati).
Best would be to join an entry level Private Tracker to get your feet wet before starting on better ones. You can seed from your PC/Laptop, its just that your peering won't be the best. I can help out in DMs if you need it, I am not sure If I'm allowed to post a full guide to Private Trackers/Usenet here
Just add a caveat that usenet requires spending at least 5000 yearly(& a bit of learning curve to use it instead of pvt trackers/torrents) & most won't even bother to ask.

Which ISP you use? I use a small local generic ISP on which many udp trackers won't work & DHT prefers connecting to utorrent peers &/or those within India mostly. Using vpn many times disconnection & reconnection(within a few seconds) result in DHT nodes dropping to zero which takes hours to recover unless close & relaunch the torrent client(issue is same across utorrent & tixati).

Just add a caveat that usenet requires spending at least 5000 yearly(& a bit of learning curve to use it instead of pvt trackers/torrents) & most won't even bother to ask.
I have used both Airtel Fiber and Jio Fiber, main issue is we are under CGNAT so only those peers who are "connectable" aka with ports open to the internet will connect to us and they usually number very less or are just seedboxes. That's why I recommend grabbing bigger torrents (>100GB) to make any kind of upload. As for VPN, you are probably using one of those crappy free ones. Try something like mullvad out and you wont face this issue.

For usenet, I have already specified what I spent on it, and while 5k might be big amount you are spending around that on OTT subscriptions in year anyways. The main cost in Usenet is getting plan from providers, eweka regularly gets deals under 50$ for a yearly plan and they are one of the best providers out there. If you got some friends, you can split the cost with them also indexers like Slug/Ninja have free plans too with daily limits which are more than generous and you can easily get invites for slug at least. In the end, its just a pain setting it up but the effort is worth it.

As for VPN, you are probably using one of those crappy free ones. Try something like mullvad out and you wont face this issue.
It is not a free one but not as good as mullvad either. I guess this has something to do with how vpn handle dth on their side.

while 5k might be big amount you are spending around that on OTT subscriptions in year anyways
Actually one can arrange yearly subscriptions of prime/zee5/sonyliv/hotstar under 1.5k with careful planning & knowledge of offers. Of course usenet is still better if one can afford to pay extra for it but for those mainly looking for Indian content/regional content/dubbed content it is not worth paying that much.

Thanks for your suggestion. The only thing affordable for me out of the choices you mention is that static ip thing. I'll consider it, assuming it actually works.

Thanks for your suggestion. The only thing affordable for me out of the choices you mention is that static ip thing. I'll consider it, assuming it actually works.
Keep in mind that ppl not having enough experience on pvt trackers often get banned for breaking some rule & if your ip is static then creating/getting(via invite) another acc on those trackers would be almost impossible.

Keep in mind that ppl not having enough experience on pvt trackers often get banned for breaking some rule & if your ip is static then creating/getting(via invite) another acc on those trackers would be almost impossible.
Thanks. Will keep this in mind.
Pvt. trackers have rigid rules indeed. For instance IPT says to keep DHT disabled and so on

Thanks. Will keep this in mind.
Pvt. trackers have rigid rules indeed. For instance IPT says to keep DHT disabled and so on
Actually, DHT is already disabled by default on any correctly created pvt torrent file so one should not need to disable DHT in torrent client settings at all. It is for those cases where someone create a pvt torrent file incorrectly & then uploaded it on a pvt tracker which allowed it & then if somebody use that incorrectly made pvt torrent file with dht enabled then it will create issue as anybody using dht would be able to connect to that pvt torrent file.

Right click on any pvt torrent file & click on properties in utorrent(similar process should be there for any other torrent client) & you can confirm that dht is disabled on it like this & cannot be enabled even if you want:
1686080308430.png

So above torrent file cannot use dht even if dht is enabled in torrent client settings.

Once you learn the process of creating a torrent file then you will know that at the time of creating torrent file itself there is an option to tick "pvt tracker" option which automatically disables dht/local peer discovery/peer exchange etc options in the created torrent file.

Back