Iconic Torrent Site RARBG Shuts Down, All Content Releases Stop

Absolutely. I'm just replying saying that it's not an EITHER OR situation. OTT wouldn't fulfill the need of remuxes.
Yes but in my experience, those who buy budget LED TV also don't/can't afford HDD space/connection speed to download 40-50GB remuxes & are happy with their 2-4GB 1080p/2160p files which is similar to what OTT serves.

Actually, DHT is already disabled by default on any correctly created pvt torrent file so one should not need to disable DHT in torrent client settings at all. It is for those cases where someone create a pvt torrent file incorrectly & then uploaded it on a pvt tracker which allowed it & then if somebody use that incorrectly made pvt torrent file with dht enabled then it will create issue as anybody using dht would be able to connect to that pvt torrent file.

Right click on any pvt torrent file & click on properties in utorrent(similar process should be there for any other torrent client) & you can confirm that dht is disabled on it like this & cannot be enabled even if you want:
View attachment 170210

So above torrent file cannot use dht even if dht is enabled in torrent client settings.

Once you learn the process of creating a torrent file then you will know that at the time of creating torrent file itself there is an option to tick "pvt tracker" option which automatically disables dht/local peer discovery/peer exchange etc options in the created torrent file.
Sorry for the late follow-up. I understand. But why then IPT explicitly advises to disable DHT on the client?

Last edited:
Sorry for the late follow-up. I understand. But why then IPT explicitly advises to disable DHT on the client?
It has become kind of practice among pvt trackers to mention this rule & to avoid a small chance of some old incorrectly made torrent file(some torrents on pvt trackers are years old) which may have DHT enabled being connected inadvertently to public peers.

P.S. Btw pvt trackers sites/forums always require login so no point posting links from there, instead just post a screenshot or copy paste the text.

Back