CPU/Mobo I7 920 or I5 2500 k

I5 2500 is same as I 2500K

yup... the difference between the 2500k and i5 2500 is just that the i5 2500k is overclockable and has slightly more EUs (better IGP)

and Best VFM Motherboard is currently MSI H67MA-E35 which is selling for 4.6k ;)

The 2500k has an unlocked multiplier so it is extremely overclockable,but since the 2500 has a locked multiplier,it is only slightly over clockable,since the most stable BCLK I have seen was 105 compared to the stock 100 so at max you can have a 5% overclock.

Before upgrading I would like to know which PSU you have,I know it has been able to run the power hungry HD4870,so it would be more than enough for the modern GPUs but still if it is not of good quality then maybe you should think about replacing that as well.

Some good brands PSU brands would be Seasonic,PC Power and cooling,XFX,Silverstone,Antec and Corsair.

And a 550W would be more than enough and future proof.

But if your current PC is not causing you any problem nor lagging anywhere then why upgrade??

If there is no problem with a thing then don't fix it.

Anyways since the Zambezi would be releasing soon and Intel's new 2011 in the Q4 I guess ,

with your config it would be better to wait,and save up. :D

But I would strongly recommend waiting since as of now also you PC should not have any problems playing really demanding games at medium-high settings.

Hi guys. Thanks for all the support.. I usually don't oc so got myself a I5. 2400 and a gigabyte h67 mobo.. and a 1600 mhz ripjaws.. 4gb one

Old components donated to my dad:)

I have a coolermaster 650 w realpower smps. I have 2 hdd running.. so along with the abovesaid components which gpu can my powersupply manage..

Plan to sell my previous 4870 (512 mb ).

Plz suggest gpu under 15 k..

No plans for crossfire in future.. so it will be a onetime buy....thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

If its an i5 2500K,then its a no brainer which one to go for...but if we are talking about a vanilla i5 2500....then imho its better to opt for the i7 920,HT and all things accounted for...soon the X58 platform will be EOL tho(Sandybridge-E is round the corner...Q2 2012)...if u are in no hurry...u might want to wait out till Bulldozer launches to make an informed decision... ;)

Back