i... wait for it..... Pad!!! :)

Hi

Congrats on the purchase , I am thinking of getting one too.

Could you suggest which are the accessories that need to be purchased separately (case is a must) ?

Enjoy UR iPad !!

PS - any app for PDF support yet ?

For a way to get USA apps , u can register ur account with an address from USA (pick any hotel address using google) and then maybe u can purchase apps , do u think this approach will work ?

iGo, i would appreciate if you send me link for the bag if its online purchase able.

Although I would be getting these things via DHL/TNT only, so need to know if bag may make my shipment kind of heavy too ?

Whats the net and gross weight of iPad ?

-Rags

@Bombaybaba: If I'm not wrong... you can open up PDFs from the mail attachment and view them, same goes for Word and Excel documents. Since there is no file-manager there is no way to browse and open PDF files, at least not out of the box. I think there was some app for jailbroken iPhones, which may or may not come for iPad once the jailbreak releases. Need to look more into it.

... and yes, you can access Apple Store using that approach. I tried it and it works, but I think apart from few free apps which are only available in US store (most importantly iBooks) you can do away with your existing India iTunes store account. The only inconvenience for now would be that you can only access purchasable item from desktop iTunes client. When iPad launches properly world-wide then the App Store and iBook store will be available, and can be accessible from iPad in India as well.

@Coolraghav: Here you go - Apple iPad Case - Apple Store (U.S.). The case is very very lightweight. Overall the iPad is about 700grams, and it's very comfortable to use it in one hand.

@DS: Thanks... the screen is simply too good to be shot properly on cam. You've to see it personally and experience it. :)

you can 2nd owner of ipad if you have some moolah money to spend
Apple iPad @ Indian gray market | Ub News

The Apple iPad 16 GB version in gray market in India is available at price Rs. 42,000 and 32 GB version can be purchased at price Rs. 52,000.Also both the versions of iPad available in gray markets in India are without warranty. The Apple iPad available in Indian gray market are of Wi-Fi version which has no need for cracking or jail breaking therefore these versions can be used in any country without the official launch.
:ashamed:

@Uday: Thanks and Congrats to you too... :)

@Sheru: LOL... DM bugger!! This is a family safe thread... :bleh:

@Saumil: Yep... it does.

Someone copy-paste this to a thread in Reviews section as a mini-review/preview. :p

Time for a meet iGo saar. :eek:hyeah:

Had discussed the same with some but have been postponing it past 2 weeks due to the maddening heat. :(

@spacescreamer: Nope... the games that you might be seeing in my pics are the games which Megs had bought on her iPhone. Some of 'em are updated for iPad and we had just transferred them to iPad. Personally, I'm not a big fan of playing games on small screens. It's all her. :)

@Bikey: Forget copy-paste. I think I should do a proper review for once. I always end up doing mini-review/hands-on preview in my show-off threads. Might as well take some more pains and write a proper review.

As for the meet, you know I'm always ready... almost always. Let's get that Jugheads meet rolling soon. :D

Awesome stuff.. Good review.. have to agree that Apples touch screen technology is simply superb.

Sad to see Apple acting like a 1st world snob by not releasing simultaneously in India and other devp countries.. They already burnt their Fingers on the iPhone in China, and they are on course to do the same with the iPad I guess

afaik some chap had already gotten the 32GB version and had even put it up for sale in the market as he was getting the 64GB version :p

so you surely aren't the first even on TE ;p

^ Oh okay... I wasn't aware of it. Like I said, "Probably the first one on TE... I guess.".. :p

It took you 4 pages to tell this, bugger?? :bleh:

Back