Budget 31-40k I need a laptop for daily usage and coding as a B.Tech Student

star_lord

Recruit
Hi People

I want to buy a laptop for my daily needs such as editing documents, making PPTs, studying, attempting tests etc and coding. I need a laptop with nvme ssd as I cant bear with hdd speeds. Also I would not need a dedicated GPU as such. But I do want a powerful and fast processor.

So which laptop brand would you suggest I go with?
I am open to Lenovo, HP, Asus, MSI, Acer.

I dont have the budget or the need for apple macbooks.

If you don't have the budget and yet want a decent powerful laptop.
Try to look at Sale thread for good offers.

But do try to buy one within warranty and with reputed seller and with good inspection.

Base Thinkpad E14 i3 11th gen. should be available for about 45k. If your budget doesn't quite extend that far, consider an ASUS Expertbook/Vivobook(also 11th gen. i3) instead and buy a cheap extended warranty from asuspromo.in

Do you have an existing laptop? Will upgrading to an SSD suffice? You're right, you don't need a dGPU.

Systems are to be judged on their individual merit and compatibilty to your use-case rather than the badge on the lid. The same manufacturers often make some of the best and worst laptops (eg. Lenovo).

Last edited:
I already upgraded. Mom is currently using it but she doesn't like it because it stutters while recording her zoom video classes. I upgraded for similar reasons. It couldn't keep up with video calls on my 4k 120 hz TV/primary display.

> X1 is still a solid laptop.

And nah, it's not. i bought it in 2019 at 1.69L which is very overpriced considering DDR3 RAM. I bought it to daily drive FreeBSD lol. As you would expect, the reality check hit me a week into the pursuit. :)

Last edited:
Back