Monitors i need a 22-24' wide screen monitor in 10k range

sunny27 said:
very very happy with my dell g2410

How much did you pay for it??

And guys anyone here who has done photo editing on this monitor?? I do a little bit of photo editing so i want to know if this monitor will be good enough for that.

kartikoli said:
how abt benq 22" , i am getting it for 8K
my budget allow me 2420 but i was little reluctant as for 2" a difference of 3K is bit high

22 inchers are actually 21.5 inch viewable size whereas , 24 inchers are full 24 inches only , and yes there is a considerable diff between 22 and 24 inch monitors when u place them side by side for comparison
get a 24 incher only

MohitPreet said:
22 inchers are actually 21.5 inch viewable size whereas , 24 inchers are full 24 inches only , and yes there is a considerable diff between 22 and 24 inch monitors when u place them side by side for comparison
get a 24 incher only

+1, go for 24" mate as you already have the budget for it, it's totally worth it having 2.5" more screen real estate, trust me.

depends if u already own a 19 icnh lcd 22'' lcd wont be that dramatic but a 24'' will look really big.
but if u going from a 17' to 22' it will be a great experience
and i guess that shop owner is offering you a samsung 2233sw its a really good lcd for 8.5, google out its reviews are really good

repped every 1 in this thread (hope i could repped u with my original power in some other forum)

will buy benq G2420HD now

once again thanks to all the help provided

maiden_trooper said:
I am satisfied with my Samsung 2233SW - probably the same monitor that some shopkeeper showed you.

he didnt showed me the monitor but only quoted the prices ... any way i have already decided now

Well i have the Samsung 2233SW.. i dont think there is much difference wen u view a 22 or a 24 incher...:cool2:

2.5K more for 2 more inches doesnt digest too well :no:

^ 19' for 6k

22' for 8.5k

and 24' for 11k

thats it , , u shud have prolly got a 19 incher why did u buy a 22 inch , 3 inch screen size for 2.5k more ,

how did u digest that :p

Checked the P2350 & G2420. Touch screen controls were cool and all, but in the end went with the Benq one. 23" is like buying a tri core(i did!), you end up missing the extra inch/core later on, even thought it doesn't make a big difference :)
Massive upgrade from my 17" CRT. Nice, crispy colors. Didn't notice any backlight bleeding. Go for it :)

Yeah, BenQ monitors are generally good... I'm having excellent experience with mine here and can easily recommend a BenQ to someone for a monitor to buy.. GOOD buy..

Scarecrow said:
^ whats the difference between dell G2410 and ST2410?

ST2410 is a '10 model with normal CCFL light
G2410 is a '10 LED backlit monitor so saves a lot of power, i have chked its review on CNET which is very positive but in other places ppl are discarding it saying it is a very low end LED and doesn't perform well. Also it lacks HDMI

P.S i'm also looking for a new monitor so doing some R&D..:)

The Dell 2209WA was irresistable at the 14k range a while back. But it has shot up by 4-5k now and not VFM. Availability is also a problem nowadays.

Back