I got a Hippo!

As the title says, 'won' a Hippo Boom and the GoVibe Derringer from Jaben.net.
Here are some pics

GoVibe Derringer
P1020600.jpg

Hippo Boom Package
P1020588.jpg

Earbuds and Derringer
P1020591.jpg

Boom and Derringer
P1020585.jpg

While I am showing off, thought will showcase my entire portable audio setup as well.

My Complete Setup
P1020614.jpg

Vertical Theme (Loving this one)
P1020606.jpg

Small Review: The Hippo Boom is no where close to my current earphones, CX-400 in the 'boom' department though I like the bass output of the Hippo Boom - not 'boomy' yet not 'flat' but right enough to not-hurt my ears!. But, IMO, that is a good thing (Atleast for my ears it is). While sound is more 'coloured' 'warmer' 'richer' and over shadowed by the extra 'boom' in the CX-400, it is pretty much 'flatline' as far as the Hippo Boom is concerned. Though I find the Boom to be higher in terms of clarity of sound and am really liking the output. It maybe subdued compared to cx-400 but its sounds 'much' more detailed and more precise.

The Derringer, in many ways, compliments, the Hippo Boom as the Derringer itself is not like the FiiO E3 which increases the bass levels to insane levels! Its far more 'subdued' and gives more weightage to the mids and treble. If your looking for a warmer, richer sound from an amplifier, than the Derringer is NOT the one you should be looking at.

For me, its a new experience, its almost like I am listening to monitor speakers.
Also, the very fact that the changes in the D2's sound settings produce noticeable changes in the overall sound quality impresses me even more (this wasn't the case when using the FiiO E3 and Sennhieser CX-400!).

Overall, its a different experience for me, and currently I have only good things to say about my new experience!
oh and here is my kitten (her name is Dash)
P1020573.jpg

Congrats on your winnings! :)

Awww she's so cute!!! :D

A cat and a hippo. What next? Some zebras and giraffes? :p

You have a Cowon D2 and a kitten, I envy you.

I too won the Hippos from Jaben . Frankly speaking didnt like them a lot (i guess i am just spoiled by the RE-2)

but damn you got the Derringer , thats some sick stuff :D

congrats ! get some better stuff to match up with the derringer (hint RE0 :p)

The hippo boom are good but they live up to there name . Bass is quiet a lot for my liking and somewhat suppresses the mids .It has a good soundstage too .

Overall improvement after 20-30 hours of burn in . They are worth it , and bass heads will love it , it has a deep penetrating bass.

Its some where between the CX 300/400 , PL-30 range mostly.

and yeah , Jaben will soon have a separate indian distributor and a online shop for the same. :)

Back