Budget 51-70k I am getting Apple Macbook Air from FK for 59k, should I buy it ?

I think thats the best deal you can get. Even if you are getting it less for couple of grands, then go with FK and peace of mind.

This is a good deal. Now I am cursing myself on buying my current laptop recently. I was on the lookout for a 13 inch macbook but it was turning out to be 68K. Went with the 44K Dell Inspiron instead. :(

This is a good deal. Now I am cursing myself on buying my current laptop recently. I was on the lookout for a 13 inch macbook but it was turning out to be 68K. Went with the 44K Dell Inspiron instead. :(
Dont, My dell vostro is in its 7th year. You can easily replace most parts. Its thrice as much value for money. Though you don't get to show off.

Nope, no removable cards but things like hinges, body etc are easily available and replaceable if you are interested in reading the manual/guides and doing the work. Pretty easy actually. Procedural.

I know how good a Dell laptop is as I owned one which lasted me 6 years and was till good enough to go through a couple more years. I had to give it to someone.

The reason I wanted a Macbook was because of the components used and the build quality. One thing I sorely miss on the current Dell is the backlit keyboard. Rest I can live with for now thanks to the 4th Gen i5 processor and hybrid HDD.

I know how good a Dell laptop is as I owned one which lasted me 6 years and was till good enough to go through a couple more years. I had to give it to someone.

The reason I wanted a Macbook was because of the components used and the build quality. One thing I sorely miss on the current Dell is the backlit keyboard. Rest I can live with for now thanks to the 4th Gen i5 processor and hybrid HDD.

So should I order it ? what bothers me is it is coming with Lion X so this looks to be older macbooks, what do you say ?

I think Snapdeal was having it cheaper, but SD is not that good.

As for Apple vs the rest, I would prefer Lenovo B series.[DOUBLEPOST=1402927843][/DOUBLEPOST]
So should I order it ? what bothers me is it is coming with Lion X so this looks to be older macbooks, what do you say ?

I think you can get the update for free.

I think Snapdeal was having it cheaper, but SD is not that good.

As for Apple vs the rest, I would prefer Lenovo B series.[DOUBLEPOST=1402927843][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think you can get the update for free.

I am actually using standard chartered credit card so will get 10% discount so can get it on FK for 58600

Perhaps you can look into Latitude series or Percision. I assure you build quality is tank like. I use both Thinkpad and Lattitude as my primary laptops. Both are neck to neck.
And I know precision users from mechanical team.

Coming to this topic, Yes. you should.

Get the latest one. It comes with a 1.4Ghz while the last version which was introduced last Aug came with 1.3Ghz Haswell. Though speed bump is not much but spending a few K will get you peace of mind.

Also Mavericks is a free upgrade and so is the Yosemite which comes this fall. And trust me once you buy a mac you won't regret it over anything ;)

Get the latest one. It comes with a 1.4Ghz while the last version which was introduced last Aug came with 1.3Ghz Haswell. Though speed bump is not much but spending a few K will get you peace of mind.

Also Mavericks is a free upgrade and so is the Yosemite which comes this fall. And trust me once you buy a mac you won't regret it over anything ;)

This ^ The specific model number you want is the MD760HN/B the older one is the A. You might find it a wee little bit cheaper on snapdeal. I've had my eye on one of these for a couple of weeks now. Prices fluctuate by almost 1-2k every few days depending on offers and coupons.

@prateekm and @AsidXxx - I have built an app to track prices of products online (it's private, invite only and few from TE are using it in it's alpha testing phase) and I got alert once its price was 57K on Snapdeal and they were offering 3.5K off, I placed the order instantly. I think it was one month back, not sure.

whats FK Buyhatke offer?

Back