CPU/Mobo Hybrid motherboard for PALIT GT 240 & MSI 8600GT

manju_rn

Disciple
Here is my spec of my old system
- 945GCNL, D 925, Palit GT 240 DDR5, Transcend 2X1GB 667 mhz, seagate 500GB 7200.12, WD GREEN 1TB, HYPER TX3, Zebronics Lava, Gigabyte superb 460.

Now i have a spare MSI 8600 GT (that came with huge heat sink for silent cooling). There was nothing wrong with this GC. It's just that it was replaced by the GT240. This PC performs very well and i can play almost any games at low / medium settings. But i was thinking if there can be a small boost if i can use 8600gt along with this setup.

Are there any hybrid motherboard whch will allow me to use both the GCs? Will there be any boost of graphics performance or whether it will be relegated to the speed of 8600GT?

If i do get a motherboard i will also chnage the cabinet to NZXT Gamma.

manju_rn said:
Here is my spec of my old system

- 945GCNL, D 925, Palit GT 240 DDR5, Transcend 2X1GB 667 mhz, seagate 500GB 7200.12, WD GREEN 1TB, HYPER TX3, Zebronics Lava, Gigabyte superb 460.

Now i have a spare MSI 8600 GT (that came with huge heat sink for silent cooling). There was nothing wrong with this GC. It's just that it was replaced by the GT240. This PC performs very well and i can play almost any games at low / medium settings. But i was thinking if there can be a small boost if i can use 8600gt along with this setup.

Are there any hybrid motherboard whch will allow me to use both the GCs? Will there be any boost of graphics performance or whether it will be relegated to the speed of 8600GT?

If i do get a motherboard i will also chnage the cabinet to NZXT Gamma.

U can use ur 8600gt as a physx card with GT240 . Not more thn that. U cant SLI 240 n 8600gt . Instead sell ur Gt240 n 8600 gt n take better card like GTX460 .

Nah. Selling both GCs is out of question. I will not spend anything more on this system, i was just trying to check if there is someway i can use my spare 8600gt by spending about 3K on mobo. What is the PHYSX you are talking about? Which mobo will allow me to do that? May the Batman game may become more visualling exciting.

i don't think this MSI 8600GT would be worth any price, maybe will kepp it as soveniur :)

Back