Huawei Ascend Mate, 6.1" Full HD display to take on the Note II

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
It comes as no surprise that almost every company nowadays is working on their own phablet based on Android. Often placed one step above the company's flagship smartphone, phablets are becoming increasingly popular as the mid stop between a 7" tablet or a 4.5" smartphone, or maybe there are just too many people with gargantuan hands in the world. Anyways, Huawei's Sr. Vice President has gone to the lengths to advice people to wait up and not buy the Note II, because they have something "big" coming our way, quite literally.
Huawei's 6.1" Phablet - Huawei Ascend Mate

Remember when we used to think a 4" smartphone was big? And then we started accepting 4.7" as the new norm for high end smartphones? And then 5.3" devices named as the Galaxy Note came into being. And now we are in a world where a flagship smartphone packs a quad core processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a 5" display. Not to mention, a FULL HD 1080p display (1920*1080).

Okay, well forget all that. It's not really that important. What's important is for you to know that in case your hands are still too big for all these devices, Huawei might have a solution for you. Introducing, Huawei's unnamed phablet Ascend Mateflagship, featuring a 6.1" Full HD display. That is not a typo, I repeat not a typo. It's 6.1", not meant to me 5.1", just 6.1". A 6.1" display sized phone. Honestly, we doubt that would fit anybody's pocket (perhaps we should ask the world's tallest man, living in China). But "Just Cause", Huawei is going to introduce their 6.1" Baby (actually, BIG baby is more apt) in the coming months. Here's the leaked specifications so far.
Huawei Ascend Mate Specifications

• 1.8 GHz quad core processor
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • 6.1" Full HD 1080p (1920*1080) display

That's all for now. I think that's pretty much a lot. A 1.8 GHz quad core processor is a "wow" thing. Done right, this might end up being the fastest phone on the planet (at least till the Galaxy S IV arrives, with a rumored 2 GHz quad core). Apart from that, oogling over a 6.1" Full HD display should keep you busy till CES, in January 2013.

Back