Budget 21-30k HTPC & casual gaming

Calvin

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • Up to 25K. Don't want to overshoot this budget as I have to get media centre remote, gaming controller out of this 25K.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)No existing hardware. This will be connected to my Plasma, so no monitor needed.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD A10-5700K
    • Motherboard - Asus F2A85M-le
    • RAM - 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
    • Storage - WD 2 TB
    • Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 361
    • SMPS - FSP SAGA II 400W
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No plans to upgrade
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes, if it is a good deal
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Casual gaming
    • HTPC
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No such preferences. Went with AMD A10 as I wanted to have gaming too.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Racing - NFS, Grid. Don't really care about settings. Just want a decent gaming experience
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1366x768
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
Few more q.s
1. Are there any mini itx motherboards that support A10 processor? CM Elite 361 is little deeper than the rack I have. Wanted to get CM Elite 120, but couldn't find any suitable motherboard. Or any mATX cabinet which can be placed horizontally and depth lower than CM 361?
2. Which wireless gaming controller?
Thanks in advance!

Back