HTC One X or Galaxy S3 or wait for LG 4X HD ?

dhiren9600gt

Disciple
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Its THE question of my life,for the first time i hav enough budget to buy any of the latest quad-core phones.And the best in the market are,i guess,one x,galaxy s3 and upcoming lg 4x hd.

1.S3 got mixed reviews due to its design and build,but has loads of features.

2.HTC One x got positive reviews in terms of display and build, but battery is not accessible,no micro sd slot(no expandable memory!!!)

So i am confused over these points,which one should i buy?

Or should i wait for S3 to launch and till someone here buys it and gives his personal review.

Anybody having One X can help me with his experience.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 40k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Want to buy only Nokia's phone.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Symbian

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia X6/None

What about the third phone mentioned in the thread, LG Optimus 4x HD. Any info on its release date?

I dont trust LG quality control.

They had fantastic vfm offerings like G2x in past, but their quality control was $#it. Lot of displays had backlight leaks. Almost all their phones had some kind of niggle which was simply down to quality control. You might get perfect piece, or you might get a dud, its down to luck and I dont like that. Some flaws are liveable flaws, some are not. On low end to midbudget phones, people tent to overlook these flaws, but on high end offerings you cant keep ignoring that. And I am not convinced that they have fixed their QC issues or improved to the levels of say Samsung or even Sony yet. Software flaws can be fixed. Permanent hardware flaws like G2x, O2x, Optimus Black had cant. Weirdly their low end phones are much better in this regard.

You dont want to be early adopter of LG high end offerings. 1 or 2 months down the line after widespread detail availability will give you idea of any niggles.

I dont trust LG quality control.

They had fantastic vfm offerings like G2x in past, but their quality control was $#it. Lot of displays had backlight leaks. Almost all their phones had some kind of niggle which was simply down to quality control. You might get perfect piece, or you might get a dud, its down to luck and I dont like that. Some flaws are liveable flaws, some are not. On low end to midbudget phones, people tent to overlook these flaws, but on high end offerings you cant keep ignoring that. And I am not convinced that they have fixed their QC issues or improved to the levels of say Samsung or even Sony yet. Software flaws can be fixed. Permanent hardware flaws like G2x, O2x, Optimus Black had cant. Weirdly their low end phones are much better in this regard.

You dont want to be early adopter of LG high end offerings. 1 or 2 months down the line after widespread detail availability will give you idea of any niggles.

Fair points.. I was an early adopter of the 2x and thankfully didn't have any ihardware ssues.. Their software is bad but the 2x had/still has the devs support so was saved.. The 4x looks good on paper and could be cheaper alternative to One X and S3.. It has showed up at the CTIA yesterday and so an announcement would be made soon about the release date

Back