HTC One X or Galaxy S3 or wait for LG 4X HD ?

dhiren9600gt

Disciple
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Its THE question of my life,for the first time i hav enough budget to buy any of the latest quad-core phones.And the best in the market are,i guess,one x,galaxy s3 and upcoming lg 4x hd.

1.S3 got mixed reviews due to its design and build,but has loads of features.

2.HTC One x got positive reviews in terms of display and build, but battery is not accessible,no micro sd slot(no expandable memory!!!)

So i am confused over these points,which one should i buy?

Or should i wait for S3 to launch and till someone here buys it and gives his personal review.

Anybody having One X can help me with his experience.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 40k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Want to buy only Nokia's phone.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Symbian

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia X6/None

s3 Got Mixed Reviews? Sorry it was pre-Review and they can't judge the Phone by Pre-Reviews.

.. Moreover you wanted to buy an Symbian based phone and you want to shell out 40k for it?

Sounds
indifferent14.gif

My budget is till 35k.

Main use would be watching movies,gaming,browsing(3g)

Main concern would be battery life,GUI, value for money,design and build quality

Also things like upgradable in many departments or not,(i dont have knowledge in this field,but,when i come to know about it,dont wanna regret then)

S3 is gonna be a little better than One X, especially the battery life, performance and expandability. It will be the Samsung flagship for a year and should enjoy great developer support for years to come, like the previous phones in Galaxy S lineup.

Build quality, design and even GUI go to One X.

You'll have to compromise something. Wait for S3 to launch and see how it's priced compared to One X. By then, early reviews will also be out and you can make a decision accordingly. You should wait until June 1st week IMO.

Considering the upper limit on price being pushed further every year, I don't think either is value for money anymore, but that's the premium you have to pay to have the flagship experience.

One X has a better camera too.

S3 however looks to be an overall better phone, and LG 4X will take forever to release in India. You will as it is need to wait till 2nd or 3rd week of June for S3 to arrive on Indian shores, can take a decision then whether to wait for LG's flagship model or jump into the S3.

Dude, I played around with the ONE X today for a really long time.

It's TOO BIG, it's simply not a phone anymore. Won't even fit your pant pocket. Rather you take the NOTE only if you want SUCH a phone.

ONE S on the other hand is a different story altogether

I have already used note & compared to note its a lot more convenient in size and form factor.

If u want a sexy looking phone go for ONE X & Quad raw power & better camera quality go for HTC

oneex.jpg

& if u want only raw power & u don't considered look then wait for S3

GALAXY-S-III_8.jpg

they both are beast among beast.

choose any and u will happy with both .

My budget is till 35k.

Main use would be watching movies,gaming,browsing(3g)

Main concern would be battery life,GUI, value for money,design and build quality

Also things like upgradable in many departments or not,(i dont have knowledge in this field,but,when i come to know about it,dont wanna regret then)

S3 would be available for 39k and its out of budget and its superb compared to One x with respect to battery or secondary camera. If you want s3 for 35k then wait for 5-6 months or else you should be fine with One X.

Samsung tends to come in India very competitively priced compared to international pricing our even pre release speculation. So you must wait until it's available here to check it's real street pricing.

HTC one X is beautiful, but I world have preferred it having S4 dual core snapdragon like one s or US one x than this Tegra 3. S4 for all practical purpose is a better SOC. Has better performance (where it matters) and significantly better battery life.

I won't get one x version available to us personally.

S3 is still better package as far as smart phone which you want to double up as your entertainment device. Things like removable battery, better and bigger battery and upgradeable storage are to valuable to miss out. Specially considering battery life of Indian/international one x is just about average at best.

You can learn to manage your battery. But if you are using likes of Galaxy Note, you are little spoiled by what you can do with your device over day until you hit the battery warning screen.

If it's going to be long term investment (more than 12 to 18 months), I suggest you wait till Sgs3 lands here and then take decision depending on is price. I have a sneaky feeling it will be cheaper than one x when it actually hits street.

From my Note, in your face.

Wait till June 10th if you are planning to go for S3

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-to-launch-in-India-on-June-10th_id29807

I was waiting with my fingers crossed for the S3 with all the rumors about ceramic finish and stuff.But after seeing the One S oxidization videos and seeing the el cheapo plastic backplate of the S3 I guess I will be skipping this one.

Next i hope the DROID Fighter will be up to the expectations with SAMOLED 720p display,3300 mAh Battery and Kevlar body.I thought the 720p screen of the S3 would be a true RGB matrix reading all the news about their spanking new LITI production method and then the screen turns out to be pentile.
death.gif

The DROID will be pentile and inferior to the S3 screen but the looks and the battery will get it way more points in my book.

Moreover I think Fighter will use S4 (yay) 1.5GHz over any A9 quads which I guess shows itself in the performance vs power charts.

Back