HTC One V @ $49.99 on Radioshack

kanishk619

Adept
Aug 27, 2009
Most of the time cc arent aware of anything. And ota programming includes only min and nam download which doesn't consist any akey or evdo/ppp data. This is whr the problem lies and this is the only reason why registration isnt made public. Making the phone to work with evdo requires programming and not every phone will work with same set of parameters.
@prateekS, dude i can bet you wont be getting any of those for free with proper configuration. Not in near future acc to my sources, and for tata, dont even think it will be less than 2k that too without programming. thr was only 1 secret source of tata through whom things were getting done. ( Illegally )

Last edited by a moderator:

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
@kanishk619 : So this is what I understand till now (and some more questions :p), please correct me if I am wrong

1. When the MEID is registered, you will be provided with the Akey which has to be manually configured on the device, before trying to activate.
2. If the Reliance PRL is loaded you will be able to dial *228. In case of new connection through GSK, the Reliance store should make the necessary entries in the database which links the MEID and your MDN. After which you can dial *228 and activate the device by entering the 9 digit code which comes with the GSK. And the phone should be ready for voice calls / SMS
3. For EVDO to work, EVDO has to be activated at their end and you need the user-id and password. The user-id is of the form meid@rcom.co.in, but what about the password? Who will provide this?
4. On some phones when you make changes to PPP data through QPST it does not stick and gets reset to default values stored in the NVRAM. So we need to edit the NVRAM directly. Is this required for the One V?

You've been extremely helpful, thanks a lot! :)

kanishk619

Adept
Aug 27, 2009
aalok, That is not advised, i would rather prefer having a random generated password for evdo for obvious reasons.

varkey
The things i'm telling here aren't discussed anywhere else openly, when i tried to ask on other forums, i get infractions, warning and ban regarding the same topic. This purely indicates that no1 is trying to discuss these things openly and dont want to spoil thr business.

1)A-Key, known as authentication key, is like a password you use for login into your own system. However A-key check is performed on every call, if a-key doesnt match the key which registered on reliance, your calls will drop. A-key works along with SSD_A and SSD_B in case of tata, SSD_A and SSD_B are randomly generated keys which depends on several other things, however is not needed incase of reliance yet. A-key isnt needed for OTA and emergency numbers, it is needed for regular calls.

2)Yes, only after the reliance prl is loaded, OTA will be done. GSK(prepaid and postpaid both) including HCC will not work now, i would advise every1 to get new OMH sim card connection otherwise evdo activation will not be supported on older non-OMH activated numbers. When your meid is registered, reliance guys will be able to transfer your number to your meid and after that you need to redo the OTA.

3)Partially correct username , however it is meid@hrpd.rcom.co.in. Most of the sellers do not provide password. However you might be able to obtain a preset/dump of required parameters which you can flash with cdma 2.7 cracked. It is registered on reliance database as per the seller requirements. It can be your own name :p.

4) I dont use QPST unless EFS explore is needed. QPST makes users typically confused, however it should work with one v without problems.
I was offering meid register and jtag service on TE at a minimum possible cost but my thread got deleted due to Market Rules as i have been asked to offer it as a Registered dealer which i wont be doing since thr is hardly any savings for me, just putting some efforts so that users might be able to save thr phones. Was offered something like this on other forum for which i have hugely accused for no reasons and banned from thr :/. However i tried to sort out all the issues of the members in the best possible way i can.

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
@kanishk619 : Thank you very much for the detailed replies, even I felt the same, no one is providing the proper details anywhere. I feel the information should be shared openly. :)

1. But I have read posts by users saying that the calls are getting dropped on Reliance as they did not set the Akey. I believe its been used by Reliance. And is the Akey provided to you when MEID is registered?

2. So I will opt for the OMH, wait for the connection to be active (with the new televerification process etc), then approach the Reliance store to transfer it to the One V.

3. Thanks for the correct username. Suppose I call the CC, and they are able to activate EVDO, will they provide me with the random generated pass? I am asking cause, I've read few posts by users saying they were able to get the MEID registered directly at the store without any 3rd party. So if EVDO can be activated the same way it would be great.

4. Ok, I guess I will play around with it! :p

kanishk619

Adept
Aug 27, 2009
1. But I have read posts by users saying that the calls are getting dropped on Reliance as they did not set the Akey. I believe its been used by Reliance. And is the Akey provided to you when MEID is registered?
Yes

2. So I will opt for the OMH, wait for the connection to be active (with the new televerification process etc), then approach the Reliance store to transfer it to the One V.
Yes

3. Thanks for the correct username. Suppose I call the CC, and they are able to activate EVDO, will they provide me with the random generated pass? I am asking cause, I've read few posts by users saying they were able to get the MEID registered directly at the store without any 3rd party. So if EVDO can be activated the same way it would be great.
95% is the failure rate of getting evdo activated through CC. EVDO activation will be done by the guy from whom you got your meid registered. Even evdo password will be provided by him. PPP username and pass are standard nowdays for registered meids, i.e., username=net and pass=net. Problem is the HDR password, hdr username=meid@hrpd.rcom.co.in. This password is available with the guy from which you will be getting meid registered :)

The things which prevent buyers to look upon cdma mobile options is the horrible seller support and lack of knowledge of reliance web world guys. Otherwise things are pretty straight forward

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
My package was delivered at HopShopGo sometime back, but it says they may take upto 2 business days to process the shipment! :(
Shipping Tracking No.: 1ZW0Yxxxxxxx

Arrived On :
2012-Dec-27
Will be processed by: 2012-Dec-31
(U.S. Portland Local Time)

I hope they do it before 31st, as the coupon will expire after that.

prateekS

Skilled
Sep 19, 2012
Mumbai
Shipping Tracking No.: 1ZW0Y5430xxxx6758
Arrived On : 2012-Dec-27
Will be processed by: 2012-Dec-31
(U.S. Portland Local Time)

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
@varkey, I would suggest getting a confirmation from HopShopGo customer care about being able to use the coupon in case of delays from THEIR side.

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
@varkey, I would suggest getting a confirmation from HopShopGo customer care about being able to use the coupon in case of delays from THEIR side.

Package status updated an hour back. :) Volumetric weight was 1kg more than actual weight (why does Amazon use big boxes and stuff it with those plastic air bags :mad:)

Anyway after all discounts etc had to pay just $12.08 with free upgrade to Express shipping, ETA Jan 4th.

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
Amazon has a fetish for large boxes. Before I went for HopShopGo, I had to confirm with the customer care TWICE about the size of the packing box that would be used. Thankfully both the times they gave the same response, and that was also what was delivered, due to which my volumetric and actual weights were pretty close to each other.

I am not sure if it is possible, but I think they might put the stuff into a smaller box on request, if they feel that the product's original packing is good.

Reactions: 1 person

prateekS

Skilled
Sep 19, 2012
Mumbai
Package status updated an hour back. :) Volumetric weight was 1kg more than actual weight (why does Amazon use big boxes and stuff it with those plastic air bags :mad:)

Anyway after all discounts etc had to pay just $12.08 with free upgrade to Express shipping, ETA Jan 4th.

mine hasent been updated yet...what time was urs delivered,mine shows

Delivered On:
Thursday, 27/12/2012 at 10:29

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
Amazon has a fetish for large boxes. Before I went for HopShopGo, I had to confirm with the customer care TWICE about the size of the packing box that would be used. Thankfully both the times they gave the same response, and that was also what was delivered, due to which my volumetric and actual weights were pretty close to each other.

I am not sure if it is possible, but I think they might put the stuff into a smaller box on request, if they feel that the product's original packing is good.

True. That's why I rarely order from Amazon directly (I always use iShopInternational, and they give quote based on actual weight but when the package comes the volumetric weight will be much higher, but they stick to the original quote :D)

Never thought of asking them to use smaller boxes, will do from next time.

- - - Updated - - -

mine hasent been updated yet...what time was urs delivered,mine shows

Delivered On:
Thursday, 27/12/2012 at 10:29

Mine was also delivered at the exact same time, try entering the tracking number on this page -- http://www.hopshopgo.com/hopshopgo/start-packages.do?l=en&c=IN
Mine got updated few minutes after I did that, maybe its just coincidence, but do give it a try. ;)

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
@varkey, does iShopInternational charge based on the actual weight or the listed weight specified at the time of placing the order?

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
varkey, does iShopInternational charge based on the actual weight or the listed weight specified at the time of placing the order?

They will give the quote based on the listed weight on the site and they do not charge extra even if the actual/volumetric weight is higher.

Sometimes they give quotes with weight much higher than actual (mostly when the shipping weight is not mentioned anywhere) and if I am sure the weight will be much less, I just ask them to give a quote with the weight what I think is right and allow them to charge me extra if the actual weight is higher than what was quoted.

haris5sani

Adept
May 17, 2009
New Delhi
The things which prevent buyers to look upon cdma mobile options is the horrible seller support and lack of knowledge of reliance web world guys. Otherwise things are pretty straight forward
I think you should join Reliance & train a team for EVDO activations, believe me they can start a new business since many CDMA smartphones in US/Europe are selling like cheapos.
Reliance will earn & U will earn & people will be happy....period.