HTC HD2 - Require help with installing the Android OS

Yeh of course I am having big time with it.

It has given it unbelievable speed, amazing sound quality and response from device is spot on.

Colors of screen looks amazing.

All in all its criminal offence if one is using ones HD2 without android

:)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk)

Ah sad.. Overlooked that link. Installed the one mentioned in the first link. Ok so what do I do? Just run this ROM or should I repeat certain steps? Since MAGLDR and ClockworkMod Recovery based steps are done, I should just flash the Android ROM?

What happens to the existing one? Gets overwritten right?

The one you installed its fine too but I found Nexus build better. For installing any other ROM you dont need to follow all the steps again, just copy the new ROM, go in ClockworkMod recovery(keep pressing the power button until the Magldr Menu appears and then choose AD Recovery 8th option from the list) and flash it as you did the last ROM, and in this case dont forget to apply 'wipe data/factory reset option. Yes it will overwrite it and again it will be like new phone. All data will be erased.

But this step is not applicable to all the ROMs, as some ROM are bigger in size so we need to flash the phone with bigger recovery partition size. So for example if we install bigger ROM it will add one more step and i.e to install bigger and supported recovery size.

The one you installed require 150 mb recovery partition and the one now you are going to install requires 135mb so it will go fine but its still recommend to use exactly the same recovery size.

So if you want to install 135 mb one which is recommended by OP, its link and instructions are given on that ROM thread under Installation Guide for MAGLDR 1.13.

amitjakhar said:
Yeh of course I am having big time with it.

It has given it unbelievable speed, amazing sound quality..

:)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk)

Now install winmo 7,the sound quality will improve even more.With 6.5 hd2 was probably the worst sounding(I am talking about music through earphones)phone,with winmoo 7 it is just amazing s.q wise.

Damn,I miss my HD2.

^^ I wont give it back now :p

@red dragon

Will try it and will it be still better on Windows 7 when we use sound quality enhancement on Android?

@amitjakhar - I tried flashing the ROM that you suggested, I get stuck at this place. It keeps rebooting, the green htc logo comes with a black background and then reboots, and the same thing happens over and over again. So I reverted to the ROM mentioned in the first link.

I did the wipe data/factory reset, then cache partition and then installed the update.zip from sd card. Did I miss anything? and I used 400M :p

I dont have much knowledge regarding issues in HD2 while flashing as I just started learning it, thought I believe its because of your ROM size (99% sure), give it a try with 135M which is included in the NexusHD2 thread . I myself installed this version first(hyperdroid) but its running phone hot and graphics are not so smooth as in NexusHD2 one.

Help needed .

dont want to craete a new thread , so in order to avoid spaming i am posting in this thread itself .

I need help to Install Android on HD2 . This phone belongs to my cousin , and I have no idea how to do the install , so i need help from you guys .

Someone pls help me with Step by Step installation procedure .

Although i myself own a Galaxy Tab , but still I m not so familiar with Flashing Rom's and all . So , considering me as a NOOB , pls help me out .

For info :-

This HD2 device was bought from HTC INDIA , so its a factory unlocked phone .

Warranty is over now .

amitjakhar said:
^^ I wont give it back now :p

@red dragon

Will try it and will it be still better on Windows 7 when we use sound quality enhancement on Android?

It simply rocks after installing Windows 7 Mango on it. Sound quality in windows is at par as compared to android.

First decide one thing-
Do you want a NAND Android or SD Android.

NAND Android completely wipes out the WM data in the NAND region of your HD2 and makes its pretty much like a 100% Android phone. As in, it'll boot directly into Android and run as though Android is its native OS. Recommended if you're completely sick of WM and would never like to see it again :lol:

SD Android is just Android on your SD card. Drag and drop the Android files to your SD card and then boot into it via the File Browser in Windows Mobile. Think of this as a dual boot, when you want to run Android, you can just fil=re up Android right from your File Browser and run it perfectly.

NAND Android is a little tricky to install as it involves installing a custom SPL (or HSPL) and MAGLDR.

Another important thing to note is that majority of the NAND roms out there are for the T-Mo unit with 1024MB of rom while the Asia unit has only 512MB. Need to choose the rom specifically for the 512 device or have a sd-ext partition.

The SD roms are a whole lot simpler but only con is that they tend to lose battery charge quicker than NAND roms

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

RD274 said:
First decide one thing-

Do you want a NAND Android or SD Android.

NAND Android completely wipes out the WM data in the NAND region of your HD2 and makes its pretty much like a 100% Android phone. As in, it'll boot directly into Android and run as though Android is its native OS. Recommended if you're completely sick of WM and would never like to see it again :lol:

SD Android is just Android on your SD card. Drag and drop the Android files to your SD card and then boot into it via the File Browser in Windows Mobile. Think of this as a dual boot, when you want to run Android, you can just fil=re up Android right from your File Browser and run it perfectly.

NAND Android is a little tricky to install as it involves installing a custom SPL (or HSPL) and MAGLDR.

Although i think WM wont be needed again , after installing Android . But still i guess installing on SD card would be better .

What is the most used option by majority of people ? NAND or SD card ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Freaky said:
Another important thing to note is that majority of the NAND roms out there are for the T-Mo unit with 1024MB of rom while the Asia unit has only 512MB. Need to choose the rom specifically for the 512 device or have a sd-ext partition.

The SD roms are a whole lot simpler but only con is that they tend to lose battery charge quicker than NAND roms

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

In that case , I would like to carry on with SD card installation .

Now , I just want someone to help me with a STEP by STEP guide , or best would be if he can take me on Team-Viewer and do the install virtually :)

Back