HTC DROID DNA is here... 1080p, S4pro !!!!

sbhas2k

Adept
All

HTC Recently introduced Droid DNA, the flagship phone with 1080p display (440ppi)!!!! with S4 pro and 2GB ram. It has features a dedicated image processor, Beats audio and amplifier for ear phone & Speaker and last but not the least wireless charger :D

Seems like an attention grabber and with edge to edge display, a superior competitor for nexus 4 for sure(No idea about the price yet, $199 - verizon with contract)

A bummer though, No SD card slot :(

A few hands on links as below

DROID DNA by HTC hands-on - SlashGear

AnandTech - HTC Droid DNA Hands-On

HTC DROID DNA preview: First look - GSMArena.com

Specs

HTC DROID DNA - Full phone specifications

Will this be a game changer for HTC ?

I think anything above Retina (~320dpi) display is an overkill.
End user doesn't get into the screen to check the perceived sharpness(only tech geeks does so)
It will consume more power for graphics to render it on 1080p 5inch display, Considering HTC DNA has only 2020 mAh battery.
Internal storage is 16gb(11gb user available) & NO sd card, HTC do you know the Full HD movie/video file size ???

This is going to be the beginning of the end for HTC if they dont change their approach.

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-step-up-game-131986/

Shipment History
LocationDateActivity
Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates01/10/2013 23:03Forwarded to - Bombay,India
Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 17:08Received at Operations Facility
Network Update01/09/2013 15:22Shipment Update - Shipment is delayed due to flight offloading.
New York Office,United States01/07/2013 19:20Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York Office,United States 18:46Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York,United States 14:37Record Created

MOOOOOOHAAAAHAHAHA. Guess what this parcel contains ;-)

How much it costed?

Shipment History
LocationDateActivity
Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates01/10/2013 23:03Forwarded to - Bombay,India
Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 17:08Received at Operations Facility
Network Update01/09/2013 15:22Shipment Update - Shipment is delayed due to flight offloading.
New York Office,United States01/07/2013 19:20Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York Office,United States 18:46Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York,United States 14:37Record Created

MOOOOOOHAAAAHAHAHA. Guess what this parcel contains ;-)

I ordered it 10 days ago. From eBay USA. Brand new phone (sealed).
I don't believe the listings that say just took it out from the box to activate it and put it back inside. That's a lot of cock and bull.
I bought a brand new one for $650. The packing is 1.39 lbs hence shipping to India will be around 1500 rupees with custom duties.
Overall cost is similar to Galaxy Note 2 when it was launched.

I don't believe the listings that say just took it out from the box to activate it and put it back inside. That's a lot of cock and bull.
I bought a brand new one for $650. The packing is 1.39 lbs hence shipping to India will be around 1500 rupees with custom duties.

unlocked / verion version, if locked what is the price of unlock code

All Verizon Droid DNAs are unlocked for GSM networks. It is the extreme version of a Penta Band World phone.

- - - Updated - - -

The damn tracking is stuck at the same status since last night. I doubt I will get the handset today. Once I get it and put in my Vodafone sim card, I will surely post here.

All Verizon Droid DNAs are unlocked for GSM networks. It is the extreme version of a Penta Band World phone.

- - - Updated - - -

The damn tracking is stuck at the same status since last night. I doubt I will get the handset today. Once I get it and put in my Vodafone sim card, I will surely post here.

Waiting to hear from you. My DNA is on the way too. Though i will be using it on Reliance CDMA.

Superb. I was always thinking about shifting to Reliance. This phone gives me an opportunity to do the same.
Dude, how are the speeds on 2x????? Faster than HSDPA?

Link please? I think the product is sold out? The cheapest I find in 699$

Superb. I was always thinking about shifting to Reliance. This phone gives me an opportunity to do the same.
Dude, how are the speeds on 2x????? Faster than HSDPA?

Depends upon signal. I never used Reliance on my work phone, only on my home phone. I get good signals at home and download speeds of around 300-400 kB/s. I use mine as a WiFi hotspot for all devices at home on which browsing has to be done.

Dude you received it??? No show off yet...

I think anything above Retina (~320dpi) display is an overkill.

probably true but i dont care. I bought a quad core cpu when the debate was on if anyone needed more than a dual. I put in 4gb ram when 2gb used to be an overkill. I like over-engineered stuff. (maybe that's why i adore the super cars when they are quite impractical so to speak). octa-cpu? fullHD screens?, 13mp bsi cameras? I say bring it on! This year is going to be fantastic for phones.

I also like how apple is getting b**ch-slapped at their own display game :yahoo:

Guys is ~550$ a good price for brand new factory unlocked phone with all accessories and 80$ worth free gifts a good price for this phone?

Back