Htc desire v dual sim

Hi Mates,
Here is the First Review of a High End DUAL SIM device which I have used for 2 weeks now and Kudos to HTC for such a Fantastic Product.:yahoo::hail:

Introduction

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3047/image263.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7158/image275w.jpg

Since the invasion of DUAL SIM mobile I was always fascinated by them as I needed 1 Number for My G.F. and 1 Number for My Usual Use. But I didn't took the plunge as I wanted a reliable Brand. I started my love with Mobiles with a Tata Indicom Monochrome Mobile and then moved to Sony Ericsson T230, Nokia 6230, Nokia 3250, Nokia 6600, Nokia E63, Nokia 5770, Nokia 1100, Nokia C2-01, Nokia 3650, Nokia C-5, Nokia Asha 200, Nokia N8, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia E72, Sony Ericsson Cedar, Motorola Defy, Nokia C6-01, Nokia C6, Nokia C2, Nokia C-1, Nokia 5030, Nokia 2700 Classic, Nokia 2323 classic, Nokia 1202, Nokia N79, Nokia 5800, Nokia N78, Nokia 5320, Nokia 5220, Nokia 5610......List is very Long so I would say that I have used almost all the Platforms till date or checked them out being a Gadget Freak:lol::bleh:

All this while Symbian and Nokia was above all for me till the Death of Symbian!:( After this I looked for alternatives but couldn't find any reliable one's as Android had just started to burst, iPhone was like selling my Bike and other brands didn't gave me peace of mind. The Day Nokia unveiled Nokia C1-00 DUAL SIM I started my journey with this feature and was happy with the basic functions but needed something from Smartphone side as I missed features that I had used badly. So after spending and researching a lot I had settled for Samsung Galaxy ACE DUOS but God listened to my Prayers and I got to know about HTC releasing something I had wished for so long. Not that SAMSUNG was a bad phone but this one Desire V had things that I thought of as a DREAM MOBILE!:) The moment it was launched I sold off my Samsung used for 2 days and I am still mesmerized with what I have bought. The long history I have provided is just to tell How Magnificent and Capable Phone HTC has launchned at a bit higher Price but still It's Worth It!!

Specifications:
General2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1
GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 2
3G NetworkHSDPA 900 / 2100 - SIM 1 only
Announced2012, June
StatusAvailable. Released 2012, June
BodyDimensions118.5 x 62.3 x 9.3 mm
Weight114 g
- Touch-sensitive controls
DisplayTypeCapacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel density)
MultitouchYes
- HTC Sense UI v4.0
SoundAlert typesVibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
LoudspeakerYes
3.5mm jackYes
- Beats Audio sound enhancement
MemoryCard slotmicroSD, up to 32 GB
Internal4 GB storage (1 GB for USER), 512 MB RAM
DataGPRSYes
EDGEYes (SIM 1 only)
SpeedHSPA
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
BluetoothYes, v4.0 with A2DP
USBYes, microUSB v2.0
CameraPrimary5 MP, 2592Ñ…1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
FeaturesGeo-tagging
VideoYes
SecondaryNo
FeaturesOSAndroid OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
ChipsetQualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon
CPU1 GHz Cortex-A5
GPUAdreno 200
SensorsAccelerometer, proximity, compass ( Compass not working properly as per testing with various apps Rest all good)
MessagingSMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
BrowserHTML, Adobe Flash 11
RadioStereo FM radio with RDS
GPSYes, with A-GPS support
JavaYes, via Java MIDP emulator
ColorsBlack, White
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- SNS integration
- Dropbox (25 GB storage)
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
- Organizer
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
BatteryStandard battery, Li-Ion 1650 mAh

In the BOX:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8546/image276.jpg

In the Box You get the Beauty with standard things like Normal non Beats Headset, Charger, Manual, Data Cable cum Charging Cord. The 8 GB card is to be given by Retailer separately as the Retail Box just mention's to ask for your Free 8 GB Card.

Build Quality & Design:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/843/image264q.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4936/image277z.jpg
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8083/image265a.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7504/image266b.jpg

The Moment this was unpacked in front of me by the Shopkeeper I was in awe of it. I bought the Black One and I was impressed to the core. I was still feeling that I was in Dreams but Yes this was reality and The Design simply Blew me Away.

Clean Curved Lines with rounded edges, a slightly raised chin, awesome looking screen and back panel with rubber coating so anti slip and easy to hold. Please check the Pics to see it in full Glory.

The bad Part Though is the back Panel which is flimsy and needs care to handle.

The SIM card slots are near the Camera Module and in between you have Memory Card slot so very simple and elegant design. Very user friendly I must admit.
On the Top is the Power/Lock Button + 3.5 mm jack, on the left microusb slot and on the Right Volume Control. The Power Button is too slim and takes some time to get used too. Below the Beaultiful 4" screen you will find 3 capacitive buttons which are a joy to use.

Overall Design: 10/10
Build: 9/10

Battery:

The 1650 mAh is good for 1.5 days and if sparingly used then upto 2.5 days. Heavy usage would still see you 1 day. For me above average as I am still in awe of Motorola Razr MAXX 3300 mAH which is like the benchmark for me!:happy26:

I am connected to my Google Accounts & Services 24x7, fb account, Calls for 1 hr thorughout, lots of text message, occasional web browsing, 1 hr of Beats Audio Bliss and rare Shots from the Camera.

Overall: 8/10

Music & FM Radio:

This part is very essential to me and beleive me with Beats Audio you would keep on listening to your favorite songs! With or Without Beats Audio this is a excellent Device to listen to Songs and be amazed by the Super Sound Quality. Sadly no EQ just the Option of SOund Enchancer On and OFF but the loudness, clarity, BASS, etc is excellent. FM Radio with RDS also works good but reception is just average.

Overall: 10/10

Web Browsing:

On the 4" 480*800 screen Browsing Web with Flash is simply Fluid. However the 512 MB RAM would show up lags for flash heavy Pages but overall the Standard Web Browser would keep you satishfied. Zooming and Text are flawless and pretty sharp. You get all the option to tweak but I have seen that Opera Mini is exceptionally Smooth so may be future Firmware's may address the Default web browser sluggishness once a while. And yeah it supports Adobe Flash 11 and not lite.

Overall: 9/10

Memory:

The User has 1 GB at his/her disposal and rest upto 32Gb. As for the bloatware yes it's there and no ways to remove it unless rooted. HTC please allow us to personalize this as many Apps are simply useless.

Overall: 8/10

DUAL SIM:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5154/image274jb.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1421/image269t.jpg

Now the best part. You have the option of selecting your preferred SIM that would be use for Data. SIM 1 supports 3G while SIM 2 supports EDGE which to me is perfect as both the slots supporting 3G doesn't make sense to me plus the Battery would take a major Beating. On my Phone I have simply enabled Call Forwarding that works like a charm so both my SIMs are active. In settings you can make changes in the DUAL SIM Manager option plus in mobile network you can make changes as per your liking for network selection etc. There is no SIM Switch Option but what HTC have developed is too user friendly. In SMS you have both the SIM's present so you can tap onto anyone and send text and same goes for calling. You have slot 1 and Slot 2 so select the number and press any of the slots and there you go. This type of arrangement is easy to learn and get used too but SIM switch option could have been better as in my SAMSUNG or a More better option found in Nokia DUAL SIM which I personally feel is the best. Call quality and reception aboslutely perfect no complaints and while any SIM in use the other one goes off but remains active due to call forwarding.

Display:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3666/image267j.jpg
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6781/image268d.jpg

The display is pretty good with nice viewing angles and even under Direct Sunlight The Screen is visible perfectly well. The multi touch 4" display has 16 M Colors with 233ppi and in general is a pleasure to look at.

Overall: 10/10

Camera & Video Recording:

The 5 Mpx with autofocus and Flash is really good indoors and outdoors and has pretty much all the features and modes! The Snapper is very capable and I am simply impressed with the Speed at which it simply clicks and delivers the Photograph! HTC have done really well here. Sadly I havn't tested Video Recording till date but would Update it soon. I am simply happy as three things (Decent 5 Mpx, Autofocus, Flash) which are hard to get these days are built into this so for ocassional Shots I really prefer this one. The flash is very bright and capable plus the Autofocus helps me to get the shots correctly.

Software:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1348/image270.jpg
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7475/image271u.jpg
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9469/image272t.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4046/image273g.jpg

It has the lastest Android ICS v4.0.3 with HTC Sense 4 so overall with the ICS I must say Android has grown and come Leaps and Bounds. The overall UI is smooth and slick but at times if more than 10 apps are open in background it would show slight lag but nothing to worry or deal breaker. The 1 Ghz Cortex A5 and Adreno 200 work very well to keep the experience snappy for daily use. All the Android Goodness is simply too good on this!

Extra's:

The Phone has GPS which again I haven't tried yet, WiFi Direct which I am unable to use due to lack of knowledge and no guidance, FM Radio that works well but reception is just average, Video Player that has a clean interface and works well, Bluetooth v4 which is good (don't know why GSMArena has listed it as v3), email, dropbox, Deep SNS integration and all bells and whistles which makes it a complete Handset!

Benchmarks:

Since this is my first Android v4 I am still unknown or naive at Benchmarking so please advise how to do it and which suites would help in giving you guys at TE a picture of the Handset's Performance.

Gaming:

Have played temple run and angry birds space till date and both worked super. Speed and Performance upto the Mark.

Overall I would list the Handset Pros and Cons below:

Pros:
1) DUAL SIM
2) 3G
3) WiFi b/g/n , Hotspot & WiFi Direct
4) Bluetooth v4
5) 4" 480*800 Display with 16M 233 ppi
6) Amazingly Designed and Slim
7) One HAnded Operation possible
8) Android v4.0.3 with HTC Sense v4
9) 1 GHz and 512 MB RAM
10) 5 Mpx with Flash and App preinstalled to use as Flash Light
11) Adobe Flash v11
12) Card slot with upto 32 GB Support and 8 GB free with Retail Box
13) Access to SIM Card Slot and Card Slot without Removing the BAttery (but no Hot Swap for SIM)
14) Smart dialing, voice dialing
15) HTCSense.com integration

16) HTC Portable Hotspot

17) Office document editor

18) Beats audio enhancements

19) GPS with A-GPS

20) Stereo FM radio with RDS
21) Accelerometer, proximity sensor and auto-brightness sensor
22) Standard 3.5 mm audio jack

23) USB Charging

Cons-
1) RAM could have been 1 GB (nipticking);)
2) Aderno GPU could have been better (nipticking);)
3) Battery Life could be better as MAXX is changed the way we look at Phone's Battery!:bleh:
4) Back Cover should have been better:annoyed:
5) For what reason Front Cam is absent I don't know! Its simply poor on HTC's PArt.:annoyed:

Overall I would Rate it 9/10 and for People looking at DUAL SIM this is it what we can call as a High End Smartphone with DUAL SIM and total VFM:hail: HTC take a bow for at least Launching something for a Price but covering all aspects of a Smartphone. I am eagerly awaiting response from other Manufacturer's as This one is a GAME CHANGER for people with Requirement of DUAL SIM. For Single SIM Users Sky is the Limit now. Whatever people say I am relieved and satisfied for at least 1 year or till the Time Something Better with all bell's and whistle's pops up! Till then This is the ULTIMATE and most SATISFYING Purchase I have made in my History Of a thing Called Mobile!

My TE Friends please do send in your comments so that I can make better Reviews and also understand different prespective of looking at Things! All the Feedback are welcome and highly Essential for me to learn a thing or teo about Phone Review!:)

Thanks & Regards,

UPDATE PEOPLE: HTC has indeed done a fabulous job of addressing most of the cons by Launching Desire SV which makes the best DUAL SIM Device for now. Please note following as I checked out HTC Desire X which shares it's internals with SV so hands on impressions as follows:

1) DUAL CORE Processing makes SENSE UI Butter (1 GHz Dual Core S4 Play)
2) Extra RAM ensures (768 MB)
3) Screen Size Increase (4.3")
4) Premium Design & Build
5) Micro SIM slot for both SIM's
6) 8 MPX Camera
7) Android 4.1 Update Promised
8) Price at 22k which is good considering what all we have at that price point.
9) User Accesible Battery

Please see and visit Phone Reviewing websites and see how HTC Desire X performs in Benchmarks! My hands on made me book 3 devices one for my dad, me and my friend!

Please check out the HTC Desire X for now and you will see how we as consumers benefit from HTC's decline. Man the company is hell bent to arrest the continuous decline in their Q Earning's! Great Time People! :) Hope every company sees a downfall as nowadays this is the only we see something innovative or good in the market!

As of now my personal Opinion over DUAL SIM Droids is as follows:
1) HTC Desire SV
2) HTC Desire V or VC
3) Samsung Galaxy S DUOS

Cheers People and Happy Buying!

i for one dont believe in benchmarking as each and every chipset is differently represented in each and every benchmark.
if you really want to benchmark,use browsermark.

nice review.
one suggestion,you can post more screenshots of how dual sim part and other parts work.

thanks for review.

Bro Nice Review :D

But one thing, is that all real, u owned all those mobile :scared14: that too only for days :p

you seem to be a real gadget Freak :D

Could have done with a better CPU and RAM....I bet Sammy is watching and is planning some "Milky Way" series in its labs to compete with this thing.

Plus a guy with DEEP pockets :bleh:
nice review mate :). hoping tht this fone remains with u fr atleast couple of months. :D
I am not with deep pockets Dad is!!:)
Ya after trying all the brands and lots of phone I hope this one stays for an year at least else you will find it in TE Market

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Could have done with a better CPU and RAM....I bet Sammy is watching and is planning some "Milky Way" series in its labs to compete with this thing.
I agree but we need something to at least lay foundation for something. I wanted DUAL SIM but earlier options were so pathetic and limited I thank HTC for at least taking a good route of launching a high end device with all the features one can think of. I only think dual core processor, 1 GB of RAM and options like tv out and HDMI with a Moto MAXX battery added to this would be something everyone would consider no matter what.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Bro Nice Review :D

But one thing, is that all real, u owned all those mobile :scared14: that too only for days :p

you seem to be a real gadget Freak :D
yes I know I am my friends and family call me a maniac but what to do I luv it! I have tried from s30 to s60, android froyo to ICS now and windows 7.5 too!!:)

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

nipticking? :)
what can I do to find faults in this which is just one complete device!!:)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

i for one dont believe in benchmarking as each and every chipset is differently represented in each and every benchmark.
if you really want to benchmark,use browsermark.

nice review.
one suggestion,you can post more screenshots of how dual sim part and other parts work.

thanks for review.
sure I would add pictures and yes even I believe in a thing that works for me......i still don't know how benchmarks help as they only tell you how fast the device can work and in real life we only want the thing to work and suit our needs

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

also I would like to add that I hate Samsung just for one reason too PLASTICKY Devices :annoyed: I loved the Galaxy R as It had metal back but I checked S3 last night amazing device all plastic, wanted to buy s2 when it was launched and checked it out plastic rejected!! Why they don't believe in giving premium feel to the handset? My dad's n8 is much better to hold and feels like a expensive device... plus what kind of design heads are there in samsung? they are all the same with different screen size's:bleh::yahoo:

@meet6600
Yep the foundation part is right, HTC is much better than Megamax and Micromin stuff :p
Samsung's hardware kinda gets tired on custom ROM's while HTC's breezes easily, and yes Samsung doesn't pay its design employees well, so they churn out a Ferrari Engine inside a Maruti 800 body hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
meet6600,

Thanks for the review.
- Could you please confirm whether it really has compass? Because even GSMArena mentions this, I can't seem to find it mentioned in its spec in HTC website and in the phone manual that I've downloaded.

- I have a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos. Once of its important feature is, assuming you're using SIM 1 for data and the data is being used (i.e. synchronizing email or downloading an app), we can still receiving calls to SIM 2 without having to resort to call forwarding. Could you please check whether HTC Desire V also has this feature? Probably you can disable all call forwarding, set the SIM 1 to download an app from Google Play and then try to call SIM 2 from other phone.

I think both of them (especially no. 2) are very important to determine whether HTC Desire V is really superior to Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos in terms of basic dual-sim functionality.

Thank you in advance!

HTC > Samsung in terms of build quality and custom rom performance, that I can write on a paper and sign it.
For your questions, better wait for the OP to answer :)

meet6600,

Thanks for the review.
- Could you please confirm whether it really has compass? Because even GSMArena mentions this, I can't seem to find it mentioned in its spec in HTC website and in the phone manual that I've downloaded.

- I have a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos. Once of its important feature is, assuming you're using SIM 1 for data and the data is being used (i.e. synchronizing email or downloading an app), we can still receiving calls to SIM 2 without having to resort to call forwarding. Could you please check whether HTC Desire V also has this feature? Probably you can disable all call forwarding, set the SIM 1 to download an app from Google Play and then try to call SIM 2 from other phone.

I think both of them (especially no. 2) are very important to determine whether HTC Desire V is really superior to Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos in terms of basic dual-sim functionality.

Thank you in advance!
Hi,

Well by compass can you please elaborate as I couldn't understand.
As regards to your other query My Phone is connected to all Google Services plus Facebook and I can receive calls on both the SIMS without any issues. Look frankly speaking the DUAL SIM Functionality is basic and identical in both the Phones but if you compare overall like screen size, android OS, HTC Sense UI, Beats Audio etc then HTC Desire V is miles ahead of Samsung. Also the build quality and design of samsung is the biggest disadvantage for me while I used it. HTC hasn't gone for any major trade off's for this Model. I had used Samsung Galaxy Ace DUOS and frankly speaking overall it was too basic. Hope this helps

Hi,

- Please refer to "Sensors" section in the specification in your first post. It states "compass", or also known as magnetometer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you take the specification from GSMArena?
If yes, then I'm not sure that they're accurate since HTC site doesn't say that this phone has compass/magnetometer. You can try this by downloading a compass app from Google Play and see whether the phone can show the correct direction for north.

- Thanks a lot for your confirmation on the ability to take phone on SIM 2 while SIM 1 is actively using data. That's a very important feature to me.

- One more thing: In the comments section of HTC Desire V page in GSMArena (HTC Desire V - User opinions and reviews), some people experience the data in SIM1 is slow unless you deactivate SIM2. Do you experience this too?

Thanks!

What I don't like is the weak ARM Cortex A5 CPU and an ancient Adreno 200 GPU.

Rest this handset is great really.

I know hardware is ancient in terms of 2012 but we can hope that companies can give us better solutions now this type of handset is launched. Recently saw that Samsung has dual sim version of s2 and I was like if china why not India? if it comes won't people get that against single sim version? Everyone would love to have 2 numbers if s2 is launched with dual sim as in china....

Well. I'm just hoping Karbonn delivers with the Karbonn Smart A24 man. I mean the specs:

- 1.2 GHz Dual Core
- 1 GB RAM
- 4.5" qHD (960x540) IPS display
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Price: Rs. 13,000
Launch: End of August, 2012

Man I have high hopes for this.

I know hardware is ancient in terms of 2012 but we can hope that companies can give us better solutions now this type of handset is launched. Recently saw that Samsung has dual sim version of s2 and I was like if china why not India? if it comes won't people get that against single sim version? Everyone would love to have 2 numbers if s2 is launched with dual sim as in china....

Hello Dilmeet,

Can you check which of the features from this post are present on this HTC mobile? Would like to know.

Kind Regards,
Casper

Hi,

- Please refer to "Sensors" section in the specification in your first post. It states "compass", or also known as magnetometer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you take the specification from GSMArena?
If yes, then I'm not sure that they're accurate since HTC site doesn't say that this phone has compass/magnetometer. You can try this by downloading a compass app from Google Play and see whether the phone can show the correct direction for north.

- Thanks a lot for your confirmation on the ability to take phone on SIM 2 while SIM 1 is actively using data. That's a very important feature to me.

- One more thing: In the comments section of HTC Desire V page in GSMArena (HTC Desire V - User opinions and reviews), some people experience the data in SIM1 is slow unless you deactivate SIM2. Do you experience this too?

Thanks!
Hi bro updated the article after extensive testing sorry for delay as my left thumb was swollen :( it's a bit better now as now I am able to type without pain. Regarding your second query till date I have used Airtel, Vodafone 3G services and speeds have been good plus the mobile is able to maintain signals very well! I am surprised by this a lot as where My Nokia failed this goes strong! Whenever there is poor signal then only it does some switching but it's very rare. In short on a daily basis I have used 3G for a 2 weeks and prior to that 2g 24*7 but "data slow unless SIM deactivate is something I haven't experienced till date"

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Well. I'm just hoping Karbonn delivers with the Karbonn Smart A24 man. I mean the specs:

- 1.2 GHz Dual Core
- 1 GB RAM
- 4.5" qHD (960x540) IPS display

- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Price: Rs. 13,000
Launch: End of August, 2012

Man I have high hopes for this.

How is the overall After sales and quality of Karbonn as the specs made me interested too!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Hello Dilmeet,

Can you check which of the features from this post are present on this HTC mobile? Would like to know.

Kind Regards,
Casper

Updated

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Checked the user comments on gsmarena and yes I took specs from there so updated after testing all things but user reviews make me feel like either they are many fakes or I have been very lucky as from day 1 this has simply surpassed my expectations time and again! :) Honestly this one is the best I have used till date and as I am a long Nokia User this one is simply too stable! People who had Symbian in it's ruling days would understand.

Are you using a scratch guard and case / silicon cover for the phone? If yes, which ones? My cousin bought this one and looking for something good.

Nice review. Some how I missed it.

Any idea on current price ?

Do you rate it better then Samsung Ace new model 8602 ?

Are you using a scratch guard and case / silicon cover for the phone? If yes, which ones? My cousin bought this one and looking for something good.

Hi,

Using Scratchgard Anti Glare bought for Rs. 339 I guess. Pretty Good Investment I say as the Quality and overall protection offered by guard is amazing! I have never seen such good screen protector till date!

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Nice review. Some how I missed it.

Any idea on current price ?

Do you rate it better then Samsung Ace new model 8602 ?
Hi Bro,

Well I used both the Samsung One for a week and overall HTC is much better though pricing needs to be tweaked. The Samsung one is good but if you are a heavy user or you know Android well it's too basic and has major Cons that might be deal breaker like let me list some for you as I had owned it:

Cons for Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
1) No Flash either in web browser nor on Camera
2) 832 MHz Processor does show up noticeable lag
3) Design is like any Samsung Device
4) Stuck on Gingerbread 2.3 officially
5) Music Quality is average
6) Battery is average
7) App support is too thin because of H/W

Good
1) DUAL Active via Call Forwarding works very well
2) Basic Users would love it overall
3) Samsung Quality and Support is excellent
4) Screen Size is 3.5" which is Good
5) All Basic Android Features are well covered
6) Preloaded Apps are good
7) No SIM restriction for 3G
8) If used Casually Works great

Overall if You want a Basic DUAL SIM Android which would be used as a Phone with a few Apps this is simply the best but if you want Android DUAL SIM Smartphone HTC Desire V. P.S. Copy King Samsung might launch something too similar to Desire V as reported by GSMArena and Fonearena so only thing that would differentiate is price! Read the Specs and simply felt that Samsung is the best at copying but Hope they pull some surprise offcially!!

Back