HSGQ/ ODI SFP GPON STICK

Rx seems to be stable now. This is the temp without the fan. I didn't experience any drop in speed, so it could be due to the low RX. Surprisingly, at -30 dBm, I got my max speed of 400 Mbps. I will ask my ISP to change the cable if I see any drop again...
Check with them....usually rx for this high speeds are at -24/27 db....either they will test and make changes or an -5db attenuator can be used.

Attenuators, by definition, can't increase power. You'll need an active(powered) device to amplify (increase power) of a signal. There's probably a weak connection somewhere in the chain from ISP to the PON to cause a change of 11dBm.
Yeah, right on that part.

Would plugging this to a router which can do >1GBPS speeds help in going above 1GBPS on Airtel? I'm currently hitting 1 GBPS and wondering if the Airtel router is the limiting factor or if Airtel has a hard limit of 1GBPS? Not that I need speeds >1GBPS but I am curious to know

Would plugging this to a router which can do >1GBPS speeds help in going above 1GBPS on Airtel? I'm currently hitting 1 GBPS and wondering if the Airtel router is the limiting factor or if Airtel has a hard limit of 1GBPS? Not that I need speeds >1GBPS but I am curious to know
There will be hard limit imposed. There maybe sometimes burst above the max speed as it is usually a 10gig port on olt. You can try and see

How can you hit more than 1gbps speeds without having a 2.5gbps wan/lan ports on routers & 6GHz top end AX router?
@rockyo27

Usually there is oversubscription on ports but it won't be much. But i said it assuming he is having 2.5gig port
Is there any ISP in India that provides router with 2.5gbps ethernet port considering how expensive they are? I don't think any typical retail/home connection in India can hit more than 1gbps speeds for the foreseeable future unless prices of 2.5gbps devices comes down significantly & ISPs launch more than 1 gbps speed plans.

Edit: See below post by @anmolbhard004 it seems one can hit more than 1gbps on home connection in certain cases provided they are using their own ONU/ONT with 2.5gbps port.

Last edited:
yes my friends in bangalore and mumbai get download speeds upto 2 gbps and upload of about 900-1200 they dont use airtel ont . they are on 1 gbps plan
There will be hard limit imposed. There maybe sometimes burst above the max speed as it is usually a 10gig port on olt. You can try and see
there is no hardlimit by airtel ofcourse if you use their ont you wont hit more than 1 gbps ever only with a onu with 2.5gbps ports you can exceed 1gbps.

but the question except few people do we really need plans above 1GBPS?

yes my friends in bangalore and mumbai get download speeds upto 2 gbps and upload of about 900-1200 they dont use airtel ont . they are on 1 gbps plan

there is no hardlimit by airtel ofcourse if you use their ont you wont hit more than 1 gbps ever only with a onu with 2.5gbps ports you can exceed 1gbps.

but the question except few people do we really need plans above 1GBPS?
Usually isps put Qos on routers for every connection. There is always oversubscription but don't know if one can get 2 gbps on 1 gbps

I think this was due to ipv6 + ipv4 combination. Airtel 100Mbps plan will show around 240Mbps in speedtest due to ipv6+ipv4 combo, but upload will show only around 120. In my case 200Mbps plan shows this,

Good result but that is practically an internal network test between two airtel servers. How much max speeds you get from google/microsoft services or some download server located in US/EU?
not mine but will ask him and let you know
I think this was due to ipv6 + ipv4 combination. Airtel 100Mbps plan will show around 240Mbps in speedtest due to ipv6+ipv4 combo, but upload will show only around 120. In my case 200Mbps plan shows this,

yeah possible

Back