Laptops HP Laptop not working

Ok so I got a HP Pavilion dv7000 latop. In december the Laptop video conked off and on a friend's recommendation we gave it to Prime ABGB for servicing.

Now, they lost the HP Original adapter and gave me a Laptech adapter which is loose :mad:

Anyways, my laptop automatically shuts down after a few minutes when connected with the Laptech Power Adapter. Since the laptop battery is pretty much dead (as I cannot run the laptop without using a power cord) I am guessing the adapter is over heating?

Could there be another issue? Should I ask for a replacement for the adapter and should I ask for an original HP adapter instead?

Why did Prime take the Adapter in the 1st place??

Repair centers never ask for adapters. They have their own adapters.

Again, you shouldn't have taken a replacement adapter if it was their mistake.

Now for your problem. U cannot run your lappy without a power cord. So, if the power cord is loose fitting, a slight movement can cause the system to lose power and shut down.

More than likely, it is the power adapter that needs to be replaced with an original HP one. Local power adapter pins have a habit of fitting loosely in the sockets. Again, it might just be overheating and not working optimally.

Ask Prime to replace the adapter with an original HP one as they were the ones who lost it in the 1st place.

Back