PC Peripherals How's the airflow in the cabinet?

NoobP

Recruit
IMG_20240413_174438.jpg

Was scrolling through Amazon and saw this argb cabinet. It gives semi fish-tank vibe, but was wondering how's the airflow in the cabinet as it intake air from the side vents.

Ps: it's a mid range build with 5600/x

Attachments

• IMG_20240414_182924.jpg
    IMG_20240414_182924.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 41
i am a little confused , upper image has 9 fans (approx) but the bottom has 4 ......any ways PC World & Overclockers have a very good article on this topic.

here is a overview of how the airflow should happen in cabinet

View attachment 195008
It comes with 3 intake in the front and 1 exhaust fan in the back. I am just asking how the air flow as it intakes air through the side vents(the front is blocked with a tampered glass.)

By any chance, is this the product you are talking about?

The airflow is usually not so great in these kind of cases. This applies to most cabinets with non-mesh front panels and no side panel air pull options. As long as the cabinet's push/pull configuration is set properly and the ambient temperature does not hit crazy numbers, I don't think you'll have any reason to worry about heating issues.

In your case, it should not be a problem. Since there are 3 intake fans and only one exhaust at the back, it would create positive pressure within the cabinet (more cfm of air being sucked in than what's being pushed out). Usually, this is the preferred air flow configuration of most people. But since your front panel only has provision to draw air from the side vents, it could potentially affect this ideal scenario. To make sure that's not the case, perform the incense test by holding a couple of lit incense sticks close to all the vents. First hold the sticks close to the front panel and make sure that the smoke is being pulled in by the fans. Also make sure that the exhaust fans are pushing the smoke away from the fans. Finally, hold them near all the vents (back of the case as well as the top). If air is being pushed out of all these vents you're all good. You have a positive pressure system going on. If air is being sucked in through any of the vents, it's an indication of negative pressure and you might need to increase the rpm of your front panel fans to overcome that.

In your case, it should not be a problem. Since there are 3 intake fans and only one exhaust at the back, it would create positive pressure within the cabinet (more cfm of air being sucked in than what's being pushed out). Usually, this is the preferred air flow configuration of most people. But since your front panel only has provision to draw air from the side vents, it could potentially affect this ideal scenario. To make sure that's not the case, perform the incense test by holding a couple of lit incense sticks close to all the vents. First hold the sticks close to the front panel and make sure that the smoke is being pulled in by the fans. Also make sure that the exhaust fans are pushing the smoke away from the fans. Finally, hold them near all the vents (back of the case as well as the top). If air is being pushed out of all these vents you're all good. You have a positive pressure system going on. If air is being sucked in through any of the vents, it's an indication of negative pressure and you might need to increase the rpm of your front panel fans to overcome that.
I haven't bought it yet, I'm just researching as the cabinet looks good to me. And yeah, I think the airflow is ok, or I'll add two intake fan on the top.
I haven't bought it yet, I'm just researching as the cabinet looks good to me. And yeah, I think the airflow is ok, or I'll add two intake fan on the top.
Cough... I mean top of the bottom. :grin:

Last edited:
Back