How to receive a courier anonymously

dpandey

Adept
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way for someone to send me a package without knowing my address. I want to get something from an old contact without meeting him or revealing my address to him.

This is just a one time thing. I do not want to create a PO box address.

Cheers

If you can travel then give some landmarks address on the main road in a nearby place say 5 to 10kms away and collect it from there. The courier guys usually contact before delivery and you can ask them to keep it in their office so you can go and collect from them or arrange a time and get it collected directly from the address you give.

If traveling long isn't an option then you can follow the same by giving some faraway landmark address in your own place and collect from there or use a friend's address.

Most couriers will do that. IDK who are those lucky people who get calls before delivery attempt. I've never had that happen.
I guess it depends on the place, here almost all couriers like bluedart, DTDC, delhivery or even local couriers call before or after reaching the address. Only India Post doesn't call and takes it back if correct address isn't given.

For me most courier will call. For DTDC, you get contact number of delivery branch on the tracking info so you don't need to wait for their call.

Back