How to identify if a laptop has the new SandyBridge Processors ?

pritesh

Disciple
Hi,

I think this is the dumbest question to ask, but heck, I am gonna spend about 60 K on a laptop and just wanna be sure....
How to identify if the laptop has the Second Gen Sandy Bridge Processor in it ? Will the sticker on the laptop show something like i7-2620M or will it just say i7 ? Any other way to check it ?

I am already confused with which one to go for, A Lenovo Y570 or Dell XPS 15 (Earlier it was an HP, now Dell XPS has come up, dang confusing mates heheh) so thought I dont need any further confusions :)

intel_sandy_bridge_stickers.png

Check if the laptop has any of the above as stickers

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The old ones will have this sticker -
idf_processor_sf.jpg

one thing you can do is enquire from your Dell manager assigned to you to confirm its whether SB .. , also i think dell is not producing 1st gen processors anymore ... but still you can get them on ebay [ dirt cheap ] and other retail shops ... if you are buying from online , you can ask them to confirm if its SB.. also ask them to send you a email with full specs .. including the processor generation version and processor model no , if it starts with 2xxx , then its second generation [ correct me if i am wrong]

New processors have 4 digit code name.
i3 - 2310M, i5 - 2410M. Here the first digit '2' indictes second gen. core series.
Last gen names were i3 - 330M, i5 - 460M
Next the 3rd gen would be i3 - 3310M etc....

Back