How to get rid of pen scribblings on wall.

^Haha lol. Best of luck LT. She's started toddling! :eek:hyeah:

There's nothing much you can do. These are perhaps the moments you can cherish. I've seen those ads in the TV which claims you cans imply rub off the sketches or stains using a damp cloth - not sure how effective are these though.

Desecrator said:
^Haha lol. Best of luck LT. The toddler must have started walking I believe. :eek:hyeah:

There's nothing much you can do. These are perhaps the moments you can cherish. I've seen those ads in the TV which claims you cans imply rub off the sketches or stains using a damp cloth - not sure how effective are these though.

More than that, she has developed a huge liking to pens/crayons anything that can draw. Holds pen really nicely.

ahhhh well.

+LT

Make one wall exclusively for scribbling (paint it in white if you want) and teach your child to use that wall only. Discipline learnt, your child is happy and you are also happy that the other walls at least are saved. (Not sure how practical this is though.. :p)

Desecrator said:
I've seen those ads in the TV which claims you cans imply rub off the sketches or stains using a damp cloth - not sure how effective are these though.
If its an acrylic paint then yes its possible in theory. Light rubbing with a damp soft cloth is all you really have, anything more and the result will be worse then with the already present artwork :D

Desecrator said:
These are perhaps the moments you can cherish.
Agreed, enjoy while it lasts :)

logistopath said:
Make one wall exclusively for scribbling (paint it in white if you want) and teach your child to use that wall only. Discipline learnt, your child is happy and you are also happy that the other walls at least are saved. (Not sure how practical this is though..
Hmm, you aware of any success with the above. For all i can imagine, once the wall gets filled up, its time to look for fresh frontiers :eek:hyeah:

I've seen ads for water-proof / stain-proof paints. If you can make the wall like a whiteboard (write anything and a duster wipes it off) using any of these specialty paints - that should be cool.

thogaibalu said:
I've seen ads for water-proof / stain-proof paints. If you can make the wall like a whiteboard (write anything and a duster wipes it off) using any of these specialty paints - that should be cool.

Well one of my friends and me made a paint for our Sem 8 project in college (Yes, i am a Chemical Engg :p). They fall under the Anti-Graffiti paints and are generally Silicone-Acrylics. They work pretty well too, but are pretty expensive. Most acrylic paints that are shown on TE can't take the level of abuse the OP is talking about, they are good enough to wipe of stains and maybe some slow drying ink marks without leaving stains, but Permanent Marker and Pen stains are difficult to remove.

My professor would be so happy today :'(

@LT: I have a 1.5 year old in my house as well. Started Weilding ;) the pen since last 1/2 months (Now you know why pen is mightier than the sword :p).

Though I have acrylic all over the house it just help remove felt/ink/gel/sketch pen marks. Nothing against the mightiest of them all, the ballpoint pen.

In the end remember:

Ballpoint pen 10 Re.

Repainting entire room 20000 Re.

When she draws a large rough circle, a small rough circle n shows you exclaiming babbu, shaee (Calls me babu hasn't learnt Baba yet, n her name is Saee) - Priceless

So just wait for your priceless moment and enjoy the fun while it lasts.

Get her a drawing book and let her do it on the book, teach her that the wall is not a drawing book.. Children are smarter than wat you think..she will understand..

Last saturday, I bought a cleaning solution from a salesman.I know, I know... I shouldn't have but the guy was really persistant and I thought it's best to get it over with and let him show the demo.The company is based out of Punjab.The cleaning solution works wonders.Just a drop and clears out all stains.I've spent days scrubbing a big stain off my living room floor but it never came.With the solution, it did...without much pressure application.And the solution is harmless to the skin too.No concentrated acids as such. Cleaned most stubborn stains in my house over that weekend.My parents would be so happy to see that I cleaned for once and their son is finally growing up :p

Back