how to get relief from snoring noise

bitspilani

Disciple
:mad:

my room mate has snoring problem becoz of which i cant sleep in night.
anything which can stop any noise getting into my ears at night :mad:.
ps: cotton doesnmt work

a few weeks , may be a month u will get use to it :p . otherwise best way is to sleep before he sleeps

EDIT : Pls shift topic to general talk or something :p consumer electronics ROFL

All those suggesting IEMs + music .. it isn't really a good idea. Loud music can cause damage to his hearing and even if he doesnt turn on the music .The pressure created by IEMs might result in painful sore ears by the time he wakes up .Wouldn't recommend anyone wearing IEMs all night while sleeping .

How about play loud music whenever he tries to sleep and tell him that you wont let him sleep till he gets his problem fixed. So in the end either he leaves or you do.

I presume he is not a good friend. If he is IEM is the only way. Might as well get used to sleeping with music in your ears than the snores.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

FaH33m said:
All those suggesting IEMs + music .. it isn't really a good idea. Loud music can cause damage to his hearing and even if he doesn't turn on the music .The pressure created by IEMs might result in painful sore ears by the time he wakes up .Wouldn't recommend anyone wearing IEMs all night while sleeping .
Even medium volumes are more than enough sometimes. That's how I sleep in my office dorm...

nit_the_techie said:
Just use any iem or noise cancelling earphones while sleeping
I use this method when i need to complete much needed sleep every monday morning while travelling from Mumbai to Pune and yeah it works great. No music On only earphones plugged in.

Dude,whenver he wakes you up by his snore,shake him hard and wake him. Before he could open his eyes to see who the hell woke him, you pretend to sleep. I used to do this and worked well for me. Coz some people find it hard to getback to sleep once woken up.
Even if he gets back to sleep wake him again,:p you ll find it as a nice time pass anyway.

1) Ask him not to use pillow.

2) You should not take any naap between 7 am to 11.00 pm (after 16 hrs of busy schedule when you go to bad, you never hear any sound, as you will enjoy deep sound sleep)

3) Gift him Breath Rite (you can see same on TV ad for snoring problem)

4) Gift him voucher for homeopathic clinic

5) Change your room or go on hunt if any of your another friend keep snoring? ask him to shift with your friend.

enjoy :)

One thing which I have personally tried on a person who snores is to shout out loud but not too loud just a bit loud by calling out that fellows name or asking him to shut up while he still is in his sleep.Just once or two times you shout will be enough to jerk him off his snoring but he wont wake up from his sleep only his snoring will stop.Just try it tonight and see for yourself.

Like for example ...

He starts snoring.You shout out "Oye chup baith re", his snoring will somehow get distubed,he might move a bit but he wont wake up.Just try it for yourself and see.

Back