how to get iphone 4 in india

armaan

Disciple
i posted it in the other iphone 4 thread but cant wait. i wanna get the iphone 4 , i havent done this b4, so we gotta import jb and unlock right ? do any of ur'll know anyone who would import it. thanks in advance guys.

p.s does the spirit unlock work with iOS 4

lol. you gotta have patience buddy.
Still the iphone4 has to be released in the market. That will be done on 24th June.
And after that, the hackers will slog out their days and nights to jailbreak the device.

Unlock can be skipped if bought from one of the Sim Free countries.Australia Italy Belgium and Hong Kong will be the earliest to get them Sim Free.Jailbreak is all about patience and import wont hurt as its 4% customs last i checked for cell phones.

So if we get an ATT locked phone will it work with the app store(downloading apps,games, transferring movies,etc,etc) without jailbreak/unlock ?? I know you can't make calls on them but will it be useful for things besides calls??

LOL, easy boy... it's yet to be released in US itself! And if you wanna buy it form grey market, be ready to shell anywhere around 40k-45k as dealers make a killing out of it! Whatever, it will take at least 1 and 1/2 months for the phone to be here in India.

what about this - i can order a iphone 4 through a friend around 1st july, his friend would take the contract and if that doesnt happen i can terminate the contract and tell my friend to bring the iphone 4 to india. is this procedure ok ???

what about contract termination fees ?

^^They have increased it to $325 from $175!! So overall its gonna cost you $199 (16 GB) + $55 (taxes) + $70 (First month rent) + $36 (Activation fees) + $325 (Early Termination Fee) = $685

It will be available in Apple stores and probably bestbuy in US for $599 for 16GB and $699 for 32GB. Add around $40-70 tax to it depending on state you are buying it in.

Apple Stores in the US has been selling iPhones at full retail price without contract in the US for some time now. So if you are going to US or have friends/relatives travelling it should be easy to source. Of course we have to wait for the unlock before buying.

HOW to get iPhone 4??

i wanted the 32gb one, its going to be available without contract too for 699usd, so how to get it? someone knows a website(preferabily the ones which tells us the duty too) which would get me in a 40k price range? i tried international ebay sites but they're being sold for over 50k+shipping+duty.

also is there any other way?(except asking someone in the US to get it)

:thanx:

Back