How to enable airtel broadband on Vista sp1

I had to reinstall VistaSP1 x64 & I cant enable airtel broadband on it. (I don't remember how I did last time) I installed LAN drivers, then configured the IP & DNS its shows connected but not letting me connect to internet.

I tried few times setting up a new broadband connection but it ask for user name password where as my airtel is always On LAN network I have never needed any password. I checked the router page it looks ok, I can ping to the router & its working, but internet does not connect.

askingpasswordas4.jpg

I use beetle 220BX ADSL modem

Am I setting up it wrong, cant get it working,

Need Help.

What was happening previously was that your modem was dialing for you and forwarding the internet to your system.

I would recommend putting your modem on bridge mode, so you can dial at your system. This way you would be able to schedule your sessions.

Make sure you have a good firewall installed to prevent unauthorised access to your system. ESET or Zone Alarm would do fine.

Refer to this - Omniscience: Setting up Wireless Router with Airtel modem Beetel 200BX

Or if you rather have the same old dialing at modem procedure then I don't think you have to create a new connection or anything, just make network adapter to auto assign IP address or you could manually feed in the IP and gateway and see if it works..

Thanks for the help, I figured out the problem,I missed a digit while entering DNS server & that caused the whole problem.

Called up the airtel guys & it sorted out.

ranjan2001 said:
Thanks for the help, I figured out the problem,I missed a digit while entering DNS server & that caused the whole problem.
Called up the airtel guys & it sorted out.

You should use OpenDNS as your DNS servers. It's pretty good. The IPs are

Back