How is BSNL broadband billed?

for all plans it's calculated daywise, if your net is not working for one week , then give an application to bsnl the very second day about the problem, get a receiving of the application, on receving the bill ,( take the bill and the application to the accounts officer and tell him to deduct manually the rental charges for the drop period.

i do the same for my connection.

rahul.cnbc said:
for all plans it's calculated daywise, if your net is not working for one week , then give an application to bsnl the very second day about the problem, get a receiving of the application, on receving the bill ,( take the bill and the application to the accounts officer and tell him to deduct manually the rental charges for the drop period.

i do the same for my connection.

hey i just chked "my usage" and i can see seperate selections for oct and nov in the dropdown box.are u sure about it being daywise:S

yei ia m dammn sure, as i have tow close rinds in main exchange, n also i am n old user dude,

eg. if u got you connection on 15-10-08 then divide the usage limit with 31 and then multiply it with the 17 , and the rental the same way too.:hap2:

Yeap, they count daywise..

I'd got my BSNL Broadband on 24 April 2006.. I thought, full 1GB [HOME 500 that time] for 6 days.. I used it like OMG... but I got overused bill..

After those 6 days, I'm getting Monthly bill... if you've got the net on Odd dates [not at month start]..

e.g. on 14th.. then ur bill will be

Monthly Limit / Total days in month * Days remaining in month..

2.5GB/30*15 = 1.25GB is limit for that month....

thanks fellas...i got the math:)

but now a new problem has surfaced...
im unable to open any site starting from yesterday morning...it takes me to a BSNL page which says service limit exceeded by 1GB or something
this is understandable as i already reached 6GB on my home 1000 plan(5GB limit) but yesterday is nov 1...a new month and counter should be reset for november bill...
i should check this again today...just to confirm

OT, I am planning to get a broadband connection at my place, my existing connection is free ;) but it goes via VPN and Router is not under my control so can't forward any port for P2P clients.

I sorted out BSNL 750+UL plan. How is it; any other recommendation

I too was directed to the same page as sagit was directed, but i nver exceeded my limits its actually happns during the billing cycle stuff. Now its fine

sajitsm said:
shit... i already crossed my usage limit

what plan you're on ?. If you plan carefully, Plan 500 (2.5GB+2am..8am unlimited, 2MBps DL/ 512KBps UL) is the best until they increase the bandwidth of 750UL plan, i hope they'll comeup with 2MB DL & 1MB UL.

I download stuff during free hours and restrict normal usage under 2.5GB a month, my average traffic is larger than most home PC's hard disk capacity /month during 2-8 am :ashamed:

I do have an unlimited Airtel connection, but the speeds are pathetic, the router reports 2MB DS & 1MB Upstreams, but the maximum i get is around 60KBps DL & UL on private trackers, whilst BSNL ones does around 190KBps DL and 50KBps UL on same private trackers :D.

Back