How is alienware M14X-R2 ?

_Atif_

Disciple
  • What's your Budget? 100k

• What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Gaming

• What size and weight considerations do you have? at least 14 inches, portability is not an issue

• Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? prefer good after sales service

• Any other considerations?

I am considering the buying the new Alienware M14X-R2 New! Alienware M14x Gaming Laptop Details | Dell India
I cannot buy from abroad, laptop has to be bought from India only
The laptop will be mostly used for gaming
Portability is not a problem
I will not connect any external monitors or TV
Since gaming is the requirement i want a good GPU, this model has a 1 GB 650M GDDR5

I tend to stay away from Dell but I heard alienware is not like normal dell laptops. :unsure: Is it true?

I have read both good and bad reviews over the internet. I want input from the TE community regarding this product.
Basically I wish to know if this product will be value for money or not.

@OP My friends are a gaming freak. So i know few laptop for your gaming.

1. Leave M14X-R2 and go with Alienware M18x - 99500/-

2. Samsung Series 7 Gamer - 110000/-

3. ASUS G74Sx Republic of Gamers - 109500/-

For all this laptop specification link is provided to you.

2012 Top Gaming Laptops Features and Specification | Price In India

That link refers to an outdated article.

I hope you are aware that dollar price has increased and price of those products is more. They go beyond my budget.
Also not interest in buying any refurbished product.

_Atif_
This article shows that there is considerable difference between the two. NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M - Notebookcheck.net TechHowever, DDR3 version is also quite fast.
Do keep in mind that these are multimedia laptops not gaming laptops. So cooling system won't be that good. You will have to buy a cooling pad. If want to game everyday then its better to spend on a gaming laptop

You are right about cooling, I have changed the cooling system of my current laptop 3 times in 2 years. I have a Cooler master notepal U3 but normal laptops just dont have good ventilation mechanism and tend to heat up over time.

@_Atif_ absolutely. Design of multimedia laptops is inclined more towards being light, costcutting. In alienware you will get good cooling system. I believe all alienware(except 11inch) have two fans as opposed to one.

Last edited by a moderator:
ordered this one. Will be delivered by next week. :happy26:
Super congo. Don't forget to buy a cooling pad. Post pics asap !!

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Man you ordered and now its out of stock :lol:

Super congo. Don't forget to buy a cooling pad. Post pics asap !!

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Man you ordered and now its out of stock :lol:

It went out of stock on friday just after i ordered it :bleh:. Looks like i got the last one.

Back