How do you 'RMA' pc components?

I had bought my PC parts from amazon back in 2020. I was wondering how would a RMA process work through amazon? I've never done any RMA so I don't know much about it.

Also I think I did not register any products for warranty so If I would register them now, Would I get complete warranty period?

Also I was curious about this - I've seen people RMA their GPU before listing it for sale. How does that work? How are they able to RMA when there aren't any issues? or all the RMA'ed GPU that are put up for sale had some issues & that's how they were able to successfully RMA?

-Warranty registration is not needed. Mostly, the registration is done for extended warranty or some extra perk. For example, Zotac gives you 3 years warranty by default and if you register the GPU then you will get 2 more years. Gigabyte gives one extra year for some of its GPU. Other brands do not have any such policy.
-RMA process has nothing to do with Amazon. RMA is done by brands or their partners. For example Kaizen handles RMA of Zotac, corsair, inno 3d etc.
-The RMA was done because the GPU had some fault. If there is no fault then the product is returned to you. For example, ZOTAC has excellent service, huge stock for replacements and a liberal RMA policy that's why people can easily RMA their cards for minor issues in case of ZOTAC. Other brands do not allow RMA unless there is some major issue with the GPU.

Thanks for clearing out my queries about GPU RMA, I have a few more queries:
- So If registration is not required, I'm assuming the warranty period starts from the purchased date till purchased date +2/3/5 years. Is that right?
- So the first step of RMA which is request & such is directly handled on the brand website or their partners regardless of which platform (online or physical) it was purchased?
- Is there any list where I can find all the brand partners & such who handle PC components RMA here in India?

Thanks for clearing out my queries about GPU RMA, I have a few more queries:
- So If registration is not required, I'm assuming the warranty period starts from the purchased date till purchased date +2/3/5 years. Is that right?
- So the first step of RMA which is request & such is directly handled on the brand website or their partners regardless of which platform (online or physical) it was purchased?
- Is there any list where I can find all the brand partners & such who handle PC components RMA here in India?
-Purchase invoice date.
-Yes.
- https://techenclave.com/threads/find-your-peripherals-service-centre-details-here.93469

Back