HostGator Launches in India. same plans, same prices with severs in India

Gaurish

ex-Mod
Got this in Email yesterday, copy-pasting the whole thing:

We are proud to announce the launch of HostGator India, Web Hosting Services, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers by HostGator!

We are even offering a free 7 day test/trial of our shared HostGator India accounts (for you, our current HostGator clients only). Simply email sales@hostgator.in to take advantage of this!

HostGator India will allow our current and future clients the opportunity to receive local hosting with servers in India, as well as localized support from our new office in India as well for HostGator India clients! Our Indian operations have already started and our Indian office is located in Nashik, Maharashtra. The Indian office works 24x7 and provides technical as well as sales and billing support to our HostGator.In client base.

We offer the same top notch performance servers now hosted locally in India an on our owned IP addresses. The latency to the Indian servers from within India and Asia is very low as you can see in the image below.

The network path is also very short and you can see that it never travels out of India, so an international broken backbone will never affect access to your sites.

The access times for sites hosted on such low latency network from within India and the Asian region is very fast. Also other account functions such as access to Cpanel/WHM, Emails, FTP etc see very fast speeds compared to overseas hosted websites.

Our Services:

The plans offered on our Indian site Web Hosting Services, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers by HostGator are exactly same as our US site Web Hosting Services, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers by HostGator. The resource limits and everything remain the same even on the Indian servers. We are one of the pioneers of unlimited hosting and we are happy to offer the same plan limits even in India. The plan prices are also the same except for the fact that we are legally bound to change Service tax charged @ 10.30% for billing via our Indian operations.

Our Shared web hosting plans can be seen at Web Hosting - Shared cPanel Web Hosting and Reseller Hosting plans at Reseller Hosting Plans - Web Hosting Packages with cPanel and WHM . We offer VPS as well which can be seen at VPS Hosting | Linux VPS Servers with cPanel from HostGator and our India based dedicated servers can be seen at Dedicated Servers - Dedicated Web Hosting with Linux or FreeBSD .

We also offer 24x7 localized support for the Indian Operations via helpdesk, live chat and phones. Our contact details would be as below:

Helpdesk: https://tickets.hostgator.in or email us @ sales@hostgator.in or support@hostgator.in

Live Chat available @ Web Hosting Services, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers by HostGator

Phone: 1800-209-8833 (Toll Free number for calling from within India)

+91-253-6641555 (Direct Dial Number when calling from India or even outside)

You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Hostgator India (hostgatorindia) on Twitter

Hostgator India | Facebook

Our staff in India is highly skilled and work under the supervision of our of our oldest Level III System Administrators. Our Indian office pictures can be seen below:

We are also offering a 7 day beta test of our shared hosting accounts on our Indian servers for people who want to test the speed and access times of our Indian servers. You can email us at sales@hostgator.in to request a beta testing account.

Upcoming features:

Currently the Indian site does its billing in USD but in very near future, we would be providing Indian Rupee billing.

We will also be accepting payment via local banks using netbanking or via local debit cards shortly.

All future promotions will be personalized for India and will be done with relation to our Indian festivals and events.

We will also be adding customized services for India like local website designing, seohosting etc in near future as well.

Please feel free to email sales@hostgator.in with any of your queries about our Indian operations.

Thank you, we look forward to working with you soon!

Regards,

The HostGator India Team

Hostgator India (hostgatorindia) on Twitter

Hostgator India | Facebook

It seems they have taken some servers in Ctrl S Data Center, Hyderabad. The most surprizing thing is they haven't changed their plans, & as everyone knows bandwidth in India is so expensive. Hope they don't incur losses or start overselling which would suck:no:

If there is any existing HostGator customer, please take the trial & inform us how is the service. I also might shift my servers from US to India, if the service is good

Link: Web Hosting Services, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers by HostGator

Your need not have a hosting account with them to qualify for the test account. I requested for one yesterday and today morning they sent me the login details.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

varkey said:
Your need not have a hosting account with them to qualify for the test account. I requested for one yesterday and today morning they sent me the login details.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

so how is the service? any reviews or feedback?

They are one of the best in US market. With Indian entry.. They are planning to make it big.

Big threat to Indian web space vendors :)

Nice, but I think the price should be put in INR and reduced depending on the Indian environment like Hostdime. They have diff. price for Global and India. Same for Hostso.

krishnandu said:
Nice, but I think the price should be put in INR and reduced depending on the Indian environment like Hostdime. They have diff. price for Global and India. Same for Hostso.

No. you can't compare it to hostdime because hostdime has limited plans but this is all unlimited:D

not same price :p

i.e. Business webhosting plan Rs583.33/mo (hostgator india) and Us price is $10.36/mo(+ a FREE toll free no) big difference :)

so i think Gator Us is the best :D

if they are using CtrlS.Then the quality is great but the CtrlS customer support isnt the best around.They just take feedback and then wudnt do anything about it.Wasted my 2100 on a vps.:/

Back