Horrible experience with Dell India

Last month we got a new laptop from Amazon during the offer time.
The offer was Back to College and so we took the Rs999 one year extended warranty offer.

Got in touch with Dell Promotion team . They took the details - Invoice, Adhaar etc and then registered us and ask for payment through their gift promotion thing.

We made the payment and payment went through. TAT was 21 days. Today is over 21 days almost 25 day. I have been calling Dell from last few days as to get an update as to why our extended warranty has not been updated yet. It has been quite some time already and All I am getting is transferred from Customer Care - Sales---Warranty- Hardware---Offers and this is continuously going on from 4-5 days. No one has been able to help me.
" Sir, We are from Hardware team let me transfer you to Offer Team" and this just goes.

One lady from Offers team very rudely said -there was no extended warranty offer and only headset and that almost came close to calling me a Liar.

I have very proof of my conversation with Dells Offer team - Ticket no, My registration of warranty approval no. and it was there in their system too Because the Hardware lady even confirmed she can see I had already provided all the details.

After finally long discussion I was told that issue will be escalated and that supervisor will call me in 2 hrs. that was almost 5 hrs ago and still no call.

I cannot believe this is the state of customer care.
We avoid buying many other (Chinese and some Taiwanese) brands just for customer service even though same specs stuff is available for much cheaper on other brands and this is what we get.

Can somebody guide me what should be my next step? Is there any way I can get email of Head of Dell. I tried to look for it on Google but could not find it.

Thanks.

Had an issue with Dell support few days back, when bought a gaming laptop.
Spend 2 days with there tech support trying to fix the issue (battery drain was massive in 45 minutes to 1 hour from 100% to less then 10% non-gaming.
While gaming on games like Far Cry Primal temperature rises to 100+ in 15 minutes and fps starts dropping, finally laptop shut down on own.

At end of 24 hours they said to clean install windows 11, but no luck later they said all hardware etc. is fine and they cannot do anything.

Thanks to Amazon, who helped me get that replaced with Asus (which I am very happy with gaming and long battery life too over 5+ hours with no tweaks yet)

Last month we got a new laptop from Amazon during the offer time.
The offer was Back to College and so we took the Rs999 one year extended warranty offer.

Got in touch with Dell Promotion team . They took the details - Invoice, Adhaar etc and then registered us and ask for payment through their gift promotion thing.

We made the payment and payment went through. TAT was 21 days. Today is over 21 days almost 25 day. I have been calling Dell from last few days as to get an update as to why our extended warranty has not been updated yet. It has been quite some time already and All I am getting is transferred from Customer Care - Sales---Warranty- Hardware---Offers and this is continuously going on from 4-5 days. No one has been able to help me.
" Sir, We are from Hardware team let me transfer you to Offer Team" and this just goes.

One lady from Offers team very rudely said -there was no extended warranty offer and only headset and that almost came close to calling me a Liar.

I have very proof of my conversation with Dells Offer team - Ticket no, My registration of warranty approval no. and it was there in their system too Because the Hardware lady even confirmed she can see I had already provided all the details.

After finally long discussion I was told that issue will be escalated and that supervisor will call me in 2 hrs. that was almost 5 hrs ago and still no call.

I cannot believe this is the state of customer care.
We avoid buying many other (Chinese and some Taiwanese) brands just for customer service even though same specs stuff is available for much cheaper on other brands and this is what we get.

Can somebody guide me what should be my next step? Is there any way I can get email of Head of Dell. I tried to look for it on Google but could not find it.

Thanks.
If you have all proofs, straightaway file. case in consumer court and send a copy to Dell. They will f***ing run like scared chicken.

It is easier said than done.
at some point it might be the last option but that will bring its own share of problem and not to forget running around and cost.
you don't have to go to court to file grievance. These brands decide to fight court battle if the money to lose is very high but compromise and accept service if the cost is less. Even for them, it will cost less to just provide warranty that was agreed on, compared to fight court case, pay lawyers and if they lose, they have to pay legal fees for you.

So just out of curiousity I decided to check Dell's dispute resolution process, and look at this:

1694454885619.png

No contact numbers, no emails, no office address, nothing. What are customers supposed to do with their names? Pray for them? Send out a psychic message? What a joke.

I was honestly considering Dell for a future laptop purchase but I guess I won't be any longer.

Dell has worst consumer support and very bad anti-consumer marketing team. They lure customers with their deceiving sales tactics including trying to sell you shit that you don't need.

Last edited:
So just out of curiousity I decided to check Dell's dispute resolution process, and look at this:

View attachment 177845

No contact numbers, no emails, no office address, nothing. What are customers supposed to do with their names? Pray for them? Send out a psychic message? What a joke.

I was honestly considering Dell for a future laptop purchase but I guess I won't be any longer.
I've been asking from every agent I spoke too. To give me Grievance Officer's email. I even mentioned his name but they refused to even acknowledge that they have a grievance officer .
Dell has worst consumer support and very bad anti-consumer marketing team. They lure customers with their deceiving sales tactics including trying to sell you shit that you don't need.
They literally call me a liar that is even after offering to give them all details and evidence they want.

For me Dell was quite a big brand. I did not expect First class service but this almost is turning out to be a scam.

Back in the day, sending an email to Michael Dell used to solve such serious issues.
Can try sending an email with device service tag no

Back in the day, sending an email to Michael Dell used to solve such serious issues.
Can try sending an email with device service tag no
Thank you.
Going to write to him only now.
Okay.

Update: Spoke to Amazon about it. They were very helpful. Took complete responsibility of it and said we will give you in written and if needed will take the matter directly with Dell but they need 72 hours to follow it up.

Last edited:
Update:
Just came to let you guys know. Its done.
Our system warranty got updated. Not exactly sure if Amazon took the case with Dell directly but job is done.
I do feel Amazon might have played some role.

Guys, Next time if you are taking in any offer like this. I would strongly advice to Take screenshots of the offers on amazon page too . Dell can deny that there was no offer like this.

Last edited:
Back