PC Peripherals High End Gaming Ram Suggestion For AMD Platform.

Hi TE,

As the title says i need Ram suggestion for my gaming rig, Current Ram Config:-G-skill 2x2gb module G.SKILL-F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ using on MSI 790GX-G65 , want to upgrade to a 8gb kit with 2x4gb modules, Budget 3.5k- 4k :) saw that sniper 8GB kit review but it doesn't overclock well, i am not a professional overclock-er but some times i do, like once or twice a year, or for some game benchmarking ;) preferred brands are G-Skill and Corsair and ya a 1x4GB kit will also do, then i will buy two but should be in my budget.

I Found These:-

1.http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...tegory_id=137&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

2.http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...ategory_id=57&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

But its written for most module that its for intel chipset or Designed For 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors but why?? they cant be use on AMD platform for what? (Anyone please explain this also)

i have a phenom II x4 925 with asus m4n68t-m motherboard with the gskill 8gb kit.. working flawlessly at 1600 mhz right from day one.. did not even have to adjust that. it is compatible trust me. don't buy the vengeance it has very high heatspreaders which interfere with many heatsinks.

Guys please suggest a 8gb kit (2x4GB), and anyone please explain why in most of the kits its written its for Designed For 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors.

^^ Its all marketing Sire, if you read ...Specially optimized for Intel... ...Designed for so-n-so processor... the company hopes to bag that part of the market, which just sees the packaging for the most part before sealing the deal in a computer shop, its like a graphic card which reads, need at-least 500W SMPS and the shop keeper pushes a VIP Gold 500W into the deal matching the so called requirement of the graphic card with a SMPS which reads 500W [but I doubt supplies anything more than a stable 250W].

Get the Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 4GB module ~ 1550/- [retails here in Bangalore at these rates, inclusive taxes] add two off these for ~3200/- and you've 8GB off RAM under the hood, with great low-height heat spreaders [which will not interfere with a big CPU cooler or vice versa].

Don't get the G.Skill SNIPER rated @1.25v -- they don't over-clock well, but you have the choice of the SNIPER modules rated @1.5v.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!! By the way why do you want to up-rate RAM to 8GB from 4GB?

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Its all marketing Sire, if you read ...Specially optimized for Intel... ...Designed for so-n-so processor... the company hopes to bag that part of the market, which just sees the packaging for the most part before sealing the deal in a computer shop, its like a graphic card which reads, need at-least 500W SMPS and the shop keeper pushes a VIP Gold 500W into the deal matching the so called requirement of the graphic card with a SMPS which reads 500W [but I doubt supplies anything more than a stable 250W].

Get the Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 4GB module ~ 1550/- [retails here in Bangalore at these rates, inclusive taxes] add two off these for ~3200/- and you've 8GB off RAM under the hood, with great low-height heat spreaders [which will not interfere with a big CPU cooler or vice versa].

Don't get the G.Skill SNIPER rated @1.25v -- they don't over-clock well, but you have the choice of the SNIPER modules rated @1.5v.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!! By the way why do you want to up-rate RAM to 8GB from 4GB?

Thanks for such nice post sir, reputation given :) it really helped.

if they write for marketing sire then why don't they write for every modules? see this! even g-skill main web G.SKILL-Products this 8GB kit can be use in AMD platform right but they still adding only intel mobos :mad: and have a look on these G.SKILL-Products this one got same spec. like that 8gb kit mentioned above and they can be used in AMD platform and they have written that also then why they create soooo much of confusion :mad: Corsair site is much better for selecting a Ram with good options, i don't wanna go for xms series, i found this Dominator® with DHX Pro Connector Dominator series, what you say about them? any idea how much they cost and which indian dealer will have this.

The reason i am going for 8GB is because i will upgrade my four core to AMD upcoming 8 Core :eek:hyeah: and hope it will make the platform balance.
princeoo7 said:
u can go for Ripjaws - x that for Rs.3300 @ primeabgb and itwares :) they are cool :)

Thanks for the post, will go of these only if i don't get anyother option.

Happy Singh said:
if they write for marketing sire then why don't they write for every modules? see this! even g-skill main web G.SKILL-Products this 8GB kit can be use in AMD platform right but they still adding only intel mobos :mad: and have a look on these G.SKILL-Products this one got same spec. like that 8gb kit mentioned above and they can be used in AMD platform and they have written that also then why they create soooo much of confusion :mad: Corsair site is much better for selecting a Ram with good options, i don't wanna go for xms series, i found this Dominator® with DHX Pro Connector Dominator series, what you say about them? any idea how much they cost and which indian dealer will have this.

The reason i am going for 8GB is because i will upgrade my four core to AMD upcoming 8 Core :eek:hyeah: and hope it will make the platform balance.

As Arjun Sire, has pointed out AMD has certain limitations, the AMD Propus [Athlon II] / Deneb / Thuban [Phenom II] core's onboard memory controller has a limit of 1333 MHz, thus to run RAM @1600 MHz, you need to over-clock the Hyper-Transport link OR the processor by stepping up the multiplier [in either], apart from this certain RAM modules such as the G.Skill SNIPER's rated @1.25v have actually a really god value to people who do not want to overclock [running 1600 MHz CL-9 @1.25v], but the I find the new Corsair XMS3 line-up the best [low heat-spreaders, decent pricing and good timings]. That is why don't go on the looks of the heat-spreader itself.

The Corsair Dominator RAM has very big heat-spreaders, potential irritant when you swap your standard AMD Heat Sink Fan package for a third party solution.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!

Back