Budget 71-90K High-end gaming laptop advice needed

Hello peeps! As I'll be leaving for UK this September for higher studies, I'm on the lookout for a decent gaming laptop which can play the current (Battlefield 3, MW3) as well as upcoming fps titles (MOH-Warfighter, BLOPS 2) @ medium details with constant 60+ fps.

• What's your Budget? Around 90k
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Gaming/Programming/Web surfing/HD Movies
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Something in the range of 14"-15.6" HD+ or FHD and should be portable enough as I would be carrying it to uni regularly (Comp science).
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No brand preferences as such
  • Any other considerations? Battery life should be 3+ hours / i7 3rd generation proccy / mSATA ssd+HDD combo

P.S.: I would prefer buying it from a local store in Delhi rather than an online store.

Asus N55SL (or the upcoming N56SV, ask JuGGa) @69k
HP Envy 15-3000 @75k
OR
Alienware m14x (heavy) (also you'll have to wait for the store to import) @85k -- least preferred due to the portability issues but most preferred due to performance.
IB procy will be found in the N56SV (not yet in India) and the Envy 15 but for the New Alienware, the price will be even more (more than 90k maybe)

You'll get full HD screens in the Asus and the HP. Another plus you must look for.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Correction: The new Envy 15 has not yet arrived in India. The existing one is SB i7 and the full HD screen is an optional upgrade (check with the HP store).

You can also take a look at Envy 15 with AMD7690M GDDR5 GPU for about 75k

i7 2670QM
8gb RAM
HD screen 768p 15"
1tb HDD
Beats Audio

Or Alienware M14x for 81k
Nvidia GT555M 1.5 GB GPU
I7 2670QM
500gb HDD
4GB RAM
1600x900 14" screen

The Sony E14P has got a 3rd gen CPU (faster CPU than both Envy15 and M14x) and the GPU is about on par with m14x and very slightly slower than Envy 15's 7690M.

Also the Asus one has a 630M which is less powerful than the Sony E14P GPU and yet costs higher.

What about the build quality and heat/noise emissions of the Sony vaio 14p...I couldn't find a single review.

Its launched just a few days ago so its review is supposed to hit in course of time.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I'll also suggest you to go for N56VZ.

It has 650M.

Asus N56VM Features And Specifications:

• Operating System: Window 7 Professional
  • 15.6? Inch Full HD WLED (1920 x 1080) Pixels Display Screen
  • Intel Third Generation Quad Core i7-3720QM Processor
  • Intel HD 4000/NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card
  • Intel HM77 Chipset
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • 750GB SATA Hard Disk
  • Webcam: Integrated HD Camera
  • Card Reader: Multi Card Reader
  • Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Audio: 5.1 Digital Output, Bang & Olufsen Stereo Speakers
  • Keyboard: Standard Keyboard
  • Pointing Device: Touchpad With Gestures Support
  • Ports: 4 x USB 3.0, eSATA, VGA, HDMI, RJ-45, Microphone In, Headphone Out
  • Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n
  • Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • Bluetooth v4.0
  • Dimension: 380 x 256 x 28.4-34 mm
  • Weight: Approx. 2.73 kg
  • Warranty: 1 Year

Sorry guys, my bad I messed the model nos. Its Asus N56VZ.
I already posted it in another thread:

Even N55SL is "approx" discontinued, replaced by N56VZ, going to launch in India in some days. I'm just drooling over it, 650M :scared14:

@JuGGa

It's 630M. I checked on Asus India site :)

Where are N56xx series on Asus India site? I couldn't find them. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
^
Ya its not officially available yet. But we can see specs on global and other Asian sites. N56VM doesn't come with Nvidia GT650M, only in USA the VZ model comes with GT650.
Also street price will be about 75k and not 90k as G75VW price was mentioned as 1.4 lacs in the article but its available for 1.25 lacs on Ebay. But anyway even at 75k its not worth it at 75k.

Back