Graphic Cards Help | weird screen and computer freezes

Jules Goes

Disciple
Hi, recently my PC started showing this weird lines and after sometime freezes. I don't know which hardware is going to go :( , please help.

My system Congf.
5960x
Asus x99 e ws
g skill 16 gb
sapphire 280x
seaseonic 750
25661xy.jpg

v823nk.jpg

I just had something like this and it was my gfx card. To confirm test the card in another system and another card in your system.

First impression - 280x/cpu fan called it a day.

Steps to diagnose in the order -
1) Check if your cpu fan is working.
2) remove your GC and connect the monitor directly to your CPU and test it.
3) check the temp of the cpu using hwmonitor and observe for any high temps

report back your findings

First impression - 280x/cpu fan called it a day.

Steps to diagnose in the order -
1) Check if your cpu fan is working.
2) remove your GC and connect the monitor directly to your CPU and test it.
3) check the temp of the cpu using hwmonitor and observe for any high temps

report back your findings
all fans working , CPU has a h100i cooler, now the problem comes at start up too even BIOS and does not reach to desktop :( . i did change the PCI slot still problrm .

I just had something like this and it was my gfx card. To confirm test the card in another system and another card in your system.

no , systems close by to check :(

I had pretty much the exact same problem 2 weeks ago on my 6 year old sapphire 5670. 99% it's your card, and the only way to be sure is to check the way i said earlier. find a pc and/or a card for testing.

all fans working , CPU has a h100i cooler, now the problem comes at start up too even BIOS and does not reach to desktop :( . i did change the PCI slot still problrm .

You simply unplug and remove the GPU from its slot and connect your monitor directly to the MoBo output. Tell me if you are able to boot in and test it. Check the temps as well as suggested early.

I don't think his mobo has onboard gfx to check.
Why does he need an onboard gfx to connect and boot up his system?

first your rma the card if under warranty and get used card like nvidia 210 or any-else below 1k

the rma take 1-4 week depend on service center and stock status

I donno RMA and finalising that its the GPU without testing by removing the GPU is a good idea. Rest is your call OP.
Iam not suggesting him to RMA without due verification.

I suggest OP to open justdail and see computer repair persons near him. Most would charge 100~200 bucks to come home to check the pc. Ask him to bring a pc with him or take your pc to him to confirm whether its gfx card fault or not.

x99 processors dont hve igpu in them

i think , ill hve to buy a new graphic card :( 1050, 1060 or if price lowers for 1070

hows the reapershop online shop ? trusted ?
No dont buy yet. You better send it for RMA once confirming that the issue is with the GPU indeed. Sapphire has the reputation of replacing the RMAed GPU with a newer variant if the one that was given for RMA is obsolete. So you have a high chance of getting a newer variant if its indeed the issue with the GPU.

No dont buy yet. You better send it for RMA once confirming that the issue is with the GPU indeed. Sapphire has the reputation of replacing the RMAed GPU with a newer variant if the one that was given for RMA is obsolete. So you have a high chance of getting a newer variant if its indeed the issue with the GPU.

well its more then 2 years im using this graphic card and im out of warranty :( .

Back