Help: Websites not opening, only torrents working

avvs_2099

Disciple
Hi,

Any website is not opening on IE6, Opera 9, Firefox 3 on my desktop PC running Win XP SP2. But utorrent (version around 2 i think) is running downloads at full steam. I have MTNL 256 KBPS UL in South Delhi.

>I thought some virus issue. Checked C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\Hosts file to check if any trojan has modified it to prevent net connection. It was fine.

>Antivirus of mine is updated and i use Ad aware too.

>I also checked on the net that utorrent can possibly block connections and some DNS crap which I didn't fully understand. There was no solution to this.

Kindly help me.

Hi Konqueror, thanks for your quick reply. I will be able to test the setting after sometime only.
Is the problem because MTNL's default DNS addresses have become congested/overloaded? Am i making any sense?:p

same problem with me on bsnl today. only TE and some other sites opening fine. Even with torrents switched off, rest of sites partially loading after 5 mins even after switching to google dns or open dns :S

6pack said:
same problem with me on bsnl today. only TE and some other sites opening fine. Even with torrents switched off, rest of sites partially loading after 5 mins even after switching to google dns or open dns :S

Flush your DNS Cache...

On Command prompt type - ipconfig / flushdns

Now browse using OpenDNS or Google DNS use the one which has less ping time...

Back