Help : Web- Designing

Speedz

Adept
Well, i have a small problem.

I am to make a website for my college fest, and to my disposal are only a bunch of first and second year students,( with hardly any knowledge of web designing) and a lot of free time. We need to get the site up as soon as possible however i have a maximum of 50 days to do so.

What are my options??

Should i use Joomla or any other CMS and get it done?
Should i use Dreamweaver and build the site from scratch?(I was planning i can give a few basic tutorial videos to them and let em work)

I know something kickass would not really be possible with this but the important thing is it has to be done entirely by us and there is the limited timeframe.

Please suggest what to do.

P.S. Cannot give the project to a web designing firm.

Thanks in advance. :)

forget joomla and wordpress if you don't have any previous experience.

search for a good CSS web template and build the site from scratch in dreamweaver. also spend some time in designing a good logo - a main one and if possible one for each events. and some good graphics for header images.

_

Don't go with CSS (even with dreamweaver) it makes all different with each Browser if you don't have good CSS work knowledge. Stick with html use dreamweaver.

Better hire any web-designer to design 1 page. With 1 page you latter can create & uploads lots of simple pages using First Page as Format.

HTH

Bah, work on a html template (layout) using Dreamweaver and build on that with ease, using MS Frontpage. Meanwhile, gather a few creative minds and get them to work on the logo and other visual content for the site.

Put it all together using Frontpage and your good to go !

50 days is enough time, so put in your best efforts.

Good luck.

P.S: Folks who have used MS office products extensively, should find it easy to get around Frontpage, as opposed to wracking their brains over Dreamweaver.

If things don't work out, you can always download free website templates (flash or html) and modify them with your content.

So Dreamweaver it is i guess.

Thanks everyone for their valuable suggestions.

Btw, can anyone recommend me a good site where i can pick up the templates/layout? If not the good old google is always there!! :p

Back