Help!The PS3 60GB is no longer available!

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
Get a 40GB PAL PS3 with warranty in India and be happy. PS2 backward compatibility in 60GB PS3 is crappy at best as the graphics look worse than on a PS2.

Also the PS3 60GB models are heavily affected by the SOD (Spin of Death) problems. There is a very high chance of the Blue Ray Drive going bad in these models.

My 60GB PS3 got this problem in just 3 months after purchase. I got a 40GB Unit as replacement under warranty. The 40GB Unit has improved Blue Ray drive and also the Cell Processor is 65nm one as againist the 90nm in 60GB Model. So 40GB Unit runs a lot cooler and reliability is more and is the way to go. Also purchase with warranty is highly recommend if you do not want to gamble on the reliability of a console.

deadlyvenom

Disciple
Oct 30, 2007
thanks dude :) but i can't seem to convince myself to get the 40gb.about the graphics looking worse than ps2 that's ok coz i've never owned a ps2 :) and i'm a big fan of a few classics.and i heard the SOD problem is common, but not sure to happen.even if it is,i'm willing to take that chance.in that case i would just have to get the lens replaced which is quite affordable.
i really appreciate your advice :)
thanks

Jasku

Skilled
Apr 27, 2008
Dude if you get the PS3 60Gb version....bear in mind that you will have to buy the original Ps2 games, coz i dont think the PS3 can yet be modded.

So I suggest the best plan would be to get a PS3 40GB version legit (from Sony world) coz ur investing so much, mite as well have warranty, and also buy a modded Ps2.

Think about it.

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
Most of the PS2 titles are available on PSP too!!!:D

U can even buy a new PSP with warranty nd later use CFW for downloaded is0s!!:eek:hyeah:

in case u r thinking of buying 2 consoles!!:)

n00b

Disciple
Apr 9, 2007
^^ Are they all original and specific to the US/C region? Or are you going to use the Swap Trick method to play em?
If they are all original's then you have no worries, trust me, i had to search for quite a while till i got a hold of the 60GB and this was quite some time back. I wanted to get the 60GB coz i get more for the price that i pay, but if you already own a PS2, then 40GB is the way to go. And 80GB is not discontinued (i havent heard of this).

Good Luck!

deadlyvenom

Disciple
Oct 30, 2007
Jaksu, they r all original NTSC games.I wanna buy the console from the gray market coz its the NTSC version in the gray market.What sony world sells is PAL.

Sohail,I'm not planning to buy two consoles :)

nOOb, Yeah they're all NTSC/US region games.The 80gb has been phased out as welll :( that's what all the traders here told me.

MaconiE90

Adept
Oct 29, 2006
www.bebo.com
just try and find a used 60GB PS3, there has got to be someone selling one somewhere in the world, or in fact somewhere around where you live, just ask around, you'll find one sooner or later.

I doesnt matter if its used does it?

You can always reset the console. (by this i mean delete all of the other users files,) it'll be as good as new!

Honestly Try it.

Im Assuming you live in india?? if you do, theres an 80GB(/Rs. 25,999.00/Buy It Now) Version here, if its any consolation?
PS3 - 80GB/Ebay.In

If you dont live in india, and you want me to check around more for you, PM me:) ill try and help you out a little:p:)

deadlyvenom

Disciple
Oct 30, 2007
Hey Maconi :) Yeah a second hand PS3 is not a problem at all.But I can't seem to find that either anywhere in India :(
I'm gonna look around for a week or so, in case I can't find anything, I'll go with the 80GB you mentioned.
I'm also tracking a few sales on EBAY USA for a second hand console.
I really appreciate your concern, will let you know if I need help :)
Thank You :)