Help: Samsung mobile touch screen not working

:sos:

TE fellows..

I have a strange problem in my Samsung mobile (M5650) It's a touch-screen mobile. When I touch the screen in a particular part (upper middle side) it is not responding. For example, I'm unable to touch on the 'create message' in the Messages menu. Even I click on that, it goes to inbox.:bangin:

The other parts of the screen are working fine. What I have to do now? The mobile is still in warranty. Do I have to avail RMA? Will Samsung accept the mobile? If yes, then how long will it take?

Help me guys...

prasanna29 said:
:sos:

TE fellows..

I have a strange problem in my Samsung mobile (M5650) It's a touch-screen mobile. When I touch the screen in a particular part (upper middle side) it is not responding. For example, I'm unable to touch on the 'create message' in the Messages menu. Even I click on that, it goes to inbox.:bangin:

The other parts of the screen are working fine. What I have to do now? The mobile is still in warranty. Do I have to avail RMA? Will Samsung accept the mobile? If yes, then how long will it take?

Help me guys...

dude try to reboot it

Switch it off and switch it on after 10~15 minutes and try again it might work

Many times when the screen gets heated up it becomes a bit unresponsive .

Don't worry it happens occasionally with my phone too and the problem gets solved by rebooting

Already switched off and switched on for 10 times.. But no use. I even peeled of the screen protector and tried touching. But it is not working :(

I suppose then it is time to take it to Service center. If the model is common enough, it will not take time provided the problem does not need replacing the full touchscreen component.

I hope that it's a common model. It's called as Samsung Lindy M5650 in some parts of the world and in India, it's called as Samsung Corby 3G. Are touch screens replaceable? How will they replace it? I'll take to Samsung care by this weekend, since Samusng care is not available in my town. :(

that's a calibration problem , see whether there's any option to calibrate the screen in Settings. if not, just a reflash/software update should solve it.

Update: (After two months :p) Gave the mobile to Samsung care on Oct 29th for servicing and yet to receive the replacement/repaired unit. :( Their customer care representative keeps saying that it is sent to head office, will take some time, etc..:mad: Very worst service, which I never expected from Samsung.:( Presently managing with my good-old Nokia 1600 for the past two months.

Back